Nalgene bottle slosh baffle

SDHNTR

WKR
I’m done fussing with bladders and have long since gone back to good old nalgene water bottles. but I don’t like the sloshing sound in my pack from a half full bottle. Several years ago I remember a plastic gadget that fit inside to stop the sloshing sound. I’ve searched around and I can’t find it. Does anyone know what I’m talking about and where to get one?

To avoid that I use platypus 1 L. If water is still left I remove the air and tighten cap. No slosh.
FWIW

dtrkyman

WKR
Nalgenes are too heavy, any water bottle the size you prefer, gets sloshy crush it a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
yes! That’s it. Too bad they aren’t around anymore.

I don’t want a bladder, hose rig. What’s this Platypus thing like? I also don’t like convenience store single use plastic bottles cause they are noisy too. Nalgenes don’t break or leak. I’m open to other ideas, as long as they are equally durable and leakproof.

TheGDog

WKR
I just use Vapur water bag bottles. Ya just make sure to squeeze out the air just before you push the lid closed, and it can't slosh! Also... as you use them.. you get space back in your pack! So far so good, going on 6 yrs now. I change em out for new ones when I think they look like they are approaching their end of service life.

But... make sure you protect those bags from pokeys. They will not fare well in Buckthorn! EDIT: if you have them clipped to your hip that is.

Last edited:
Get a smart water bottle or a Gatorade or Powerade bottle. They not noisy. But probably don’t squeeze very well.
Just got back from Alaska sheep hunt. Used my Gatorade bottle more than my nalgene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randle

WKR
If you are carrying in the pack a platypus bag of your size choice. Triple wal no taste and never failed me yet. if on your hip I carry a size I can drink empty(no sloshing then ) and fill from a platypus that's in my pack when I stop again

shipb

FNG
I’m done fussing with bladders and have long since gone back to good old nalgene water bottles. but I don’t like the sloshing sound in my pack from a half full bottle. Several years ago I remember a plastic gadget that fit inside to stop the sloshing sound. I’ve searched around and I can’t find it. Does anyone know what I’m talking about and where to get one?
I would just cut a flat piece of plastic with holes in it to slip in the bottle. Cut a line down the middle and slide two together (making an "X" profile)

mthayr

WKR
I would just cut a flat piece of plastic with holes in it to slip in the bottle. Cut a line down the middle and slide two together (making an "X" profile)
Milk jug plastic should work

Search "Nalgene splash guard"

There's a handful of companies still making them, usually silicone.

I've had an EMS one that's hard plastic for close to 20 years. I prefer it to the newer silicone ones.

I also prefer Nalgenes to reusing disposable bottles.

TheGDog

WKR
THAT is why I like these VAPUR Bag/Bottles. When you drink... before you close it up you push-out any air, no possiblity of sloshing while walking!