Mystery Ranch Pop Up 38 Noise

timberlinehunter

Well Known Rokslider
For anyone that has the Mystery Ranch Pop Up series packs, does the fabric get any quieter with use? I am looking at picking up a Pop Up 38 for whitetail hunting but concerned with how noisy the fabric is. Other than the noise it seems like a great whitetail pack.

eaglemountainman

Well Known Rokslider
I'm a NE woods stillhunter. I've owned a Pop Up 28 going into my 4th season, now. I blow out deer, now and then, on occasion. But I wouldn't say that the frequency of those occurrences has increased since I've owned the pack. It must be pretty quiet, since I have no recollection of ever making note, that it was being noisy. Just my experience.

Bullet proof pack, BTW. Very pleased with both, the PU28 and a Sawtooth 45. Most important is whether or not the frame fits your body shape

TheHammer

Well Known Rokslider
I own a handful of mr packs, the only noise complaint I have is in regards to the plastic that is used to release the Velcro while resizing the OAL. Once I’m confident the pack is adjusted correctly I remove the plastic piece. I do not believe it is that structurally important and it is definitely annoying listening to it rub. Seems the pack is a little more comfortable as well. Anyone who has an mr pack knows this noise.

OP
T

timberlinehunter

Well Known Rokslider
Thanks that helps a lot. Im going to pull the trigger on the PU 38. I think it will fit my whitetail hunting needs perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoCalDeer

Quick question on the pop up mr. I’m considering buying this bag but I’ve seen reviews stating that the bag doesn’t cinch up well. According to these reviews is states that an empty or lightly packed bag will bounce around off the frame.

Does anyone know if this is still the case?

TheHammer

Well Known Rokslider
I have a 28 for my whitetail setup, which is similar, I can’t speak directly of the 38. I understand what the concern is. It’s not tight like the guidelight MR packs. But I also don’t find it a concern. If so and you have a glassing pad or extra clothing to put in the load shelf (area between), guys put their stands in there, I strap my sticks on the side not between and don’t have any noise issues.

Frazier92

I have been using my Pop up 38 for 2 seasons. I haven't had any issues at all with noise. It took me a while to figure out how to use all the space without over packing though!

Desk Jockey

Well Known Rokslider
Have used a pop up for 3 seasons. I wouldn’t say it is any more noisy or quiet than other nylon offerings (It is quieter than those whacky ultralight packs). Very happy with mine. Have carried 4 whitetails out of the woods with mine as well as hauled corn in the off season.

Longrifle

Well Known Rokslider
Quick question on the pop up mr. I’m considering buying this bag but I’ve seen reviews stating that the bag doesn’t cinch up well. According to these reviews is states that an empty or lightly packed bag will bounce around off the frame.

I have the PU 28 and it is "loose" when empty with the straps completely cinched. However, I've never noticed it moving and if you put anything inside the pack at all, it tightens quickly.

Drenalin

Well Known Rokslider

I don't own this pack, but remember seeing a review where the guy wrapped the straps - maybe around the "popped up" frame - that pulled it tight enough to solve the issue for him. It was either here or on MR's website.

WTSN

i had the same concerns about the pop up series and steered away from the b/c of that. I already had the sawtooth on the GL mt frame so I went with the Mule bag instead

Matt G.

Well Known Rokslider
I have been using the pack for 3rd season now. i am one of those that sandwiches the lw climber or sticks/ platform between bag and frame. Without pack full, bag can be slightly sloppy but doesn't add any extra noise. i usually have additional layer shirt so that takes up some of it. if sticks or stand there no issue. fabric is a little noisy but once set, your fine. i use to pocket for immediate stuff and leave zipper open.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk