Mystery ranch pop up 28 and tree stand

trailblazer75

Lil-Rokslider
I have the bags for the 18, 28 and pintler. To me the 28 is plenty of bag. Its worked just fine to throw the helo from novix in the meat shelf with the frame extended and then clip the compression straps through all the holes in the stand. Then I'll throw 2 climbing sticks on either side of the bag and my ropes in the little pouch on the outside. I'll have a call and a jacket on the inside as well as kill kit, knife and water, snacks and a gear hanger. Honestly, I cannot think of a better pack that I've personally used.

I've also used it to haul out numerous deer because I'm done dragging them. Stand rides in one hand, deer goes in meat shelf, bow goes over my neck and rests on the pack. I carry 1 elk quarter game bag and put an entire whitetail in it. Works like a charm!

nubbin

FNG
I have the pop up 28 and love it as a day pack. Where i hunt in Arkansas I’m prone to get a little deep in the ozarks. I always had to debate on whether i wanted to use my big badlands pack as a day pack or leave the deer car in the truck and go back and get it. With the pop up 28, it doesn’t matter, just throw it on my back and take off. So far it’s packed out half a mule deer very comfortably, it’s packed a handful or squirrels, and lunches, water, and gear. Even loaded down with the ins and outs of a full day of hunting i hardly even notice it on my back. I wouldn’t hesitate to put a stand in the back of it and take off. The pouches can get small with layers on a cold day. My biggest complaint is i wish it had a drop down saddle for strapping a bow or rifle to the back of it. Outside of that it’s a simple load bearing day pack.

Here’s a pic of mine and my buddies pop up 28’s with a mule deer buck packed in them. Buddy had 2 quarters and sack of loins and neck meat. I had 2 quarters and the head. Made the 1.5 mile pack out up and over a ridge a breeze.

Attachments

• 18A25738-9136-4FFD-ABE2-8315FCD8D345.jpeg
    18A25738-9136-4FFD-ABE2-8315FCD8D345.jpeg
    321.3 KB · Views: 9

TheTone

WKR
I’d love it if they would make one of the pop up bags with the “soft” fabric they use on the whitetail packs. In my opinion that would be an awesome brushy elk country day pack