My Daughters Buck

We were finally able to connect on a buck for my middle daughter. Early season snow really put a cog in things.Post-holing 16” of snow with a crust mid center is exhausting to say the least. We should of had snow shoes, but who the hell packs those in the second week of November?!🤣 Anyway, she made a terrific shot with her 65prc at 250 yards. A short three quarter of a mile pack and we had him back to the Pioneer. @AKEK, we put your pack to use. I like what I’ve seen so far.

Attachments

• 918674E6-FC6F-4011-9FE4-4400338C409E.jpeg
    918674E6-FC6F-4011-9FE4-4400338C409E.jpeg
    536.1 KB · Views: 272
  • D1B1AFC5-B8A8-40B9-8F8C-7DEB8DA10560.jpeg
    D1B1AFC5-B8A8-40B9-8F8C-7DEB8DA10560.jpeg
    291.3 KB · Views: 269
Congrats to your daughter and Dad! Well done!

What is her PRC set up? I’m getting my daughter her own rifle and am torn between 6.5 CM, .308, or PRC. I understand the PRC will have more recoil (.308ish I’ve read) and she shoots my .308 well today. However, after watching several videos of teenage girls killing elk with one shot from the CM (watch the HUSH guy’s 15 year old daughter’s hunt) I’m leaning pretty strong in that direction due to efficiency and minimum recoil. Yes, I’m in the rabbit hole…

OP
Customweld

What is her PRC set up? I’m getting my daughter her own rifle and am torn between 6.5 CM, .308, or PRC. I understand the PRC will have more recoil (.308ish I’ve read) and she shoots my .308 well today. However, after watching several videos of teenage girls killing elk with one shot from the CM (watch the HUSH guy’s 15 year old daughter’s hunt) I’m leaning pretty strong in that direction due to efficiency and minimum recoil. Yes, I’m in the rabbit hole…
It’s a Browning Hells Canyon Long Range.It’s a great set up, but I’m sure you know factory ammo can be hard to find. Honestly, I’d stick to CM or .308 just for that aspect.

Lytro

WKR
I packed snowshoes for CO 2nd season. They were helpful, but not as much as I had hoped. Knee deep snow is still exhausting. Haha

Congrats to her!

Hondo0925

Lil-Rokslider
Nice work young lady and dad!! Can’t wait till the days I get to hunt with my kids

OP
Customweld
Thank you, to everyone! I miss the days of hunting with the girls when they were little and wanted to go everywhere with me. I also enjoy the rare times that I get to share camp with them as adults. It truly is satisfying when you look out and realize that you did ok raising them.

Rocky723

FNG

Whatever you decide will be an awesome rifle. If you decide with a 6.5 prc for that extra little punch but don't want all the recoil chuck a muzzle break on it. However 6.5 cm is very widely available right now. At the same time if she shoots 308 right now then why switch it up if she shoots it well? Completely up to you on what you pick I'm sure whatever it is you won't have to worry about it too much.