My Athens Vista 33 arrived.

soundfanz

FNG
Finally have my Vista 33. Arrived late yesterday afternoon.
65lb
27 draw length. Green Beret riser and black limbs.
Set at 90% let-off.
I ordered around March 9 from Lucas at Clayton Western & Outdoors (Aussie dealer). Arrived in Australia last week.
Lucas installed a Hamskea Hunter Pro rest and peep sight, and sent it north to me in Queensland. Thanks Lucas.

It arrived at 65lb. I wound it back 2 full turns to about 60lb, installed my CBE Trek Pro 3 pin that I purchased especially for this bow, and put a few arrows into a target at 8 yards in my back yard. Oh... and the finish is spectacular. Love the Green Beret riser, couldn't be happier with fit and finish.

My first impressions:

It holds so well, and balanced great in my hand. Draw was smooth and easy into the back wall. ( I'd read here that some complained about no valley, but not a problem I ran across. Felt I could hold it back easily and distinctly noticed when it settled into it.)

I found the bow to be quiet, no excess noise. I never pay attention to vibration after the shot that most reviewers talk about in just about every review I read. Didn't notice any....but wasn't looking for it either. I don't run stabilizers, and feel I don't need them for this Vista. Horses for courses I suppose, but found bow balanced very well, before and after shot.

I find it very similar in a lot of ways to my Elite Enkore which I love too, but in these early days feel the draw cycle was fractionally smoother with the Vista 33 and quieter after shot.

I'm going to the range tomorrow to sight in the CBE and get a better feel for this bow. Before that I'll set 1st and 2nd axis.

And for what it's worth, I purchased this (as I did with the Elite Enkore last year) without even seeing one in the flesh. Shot a few Bowtech , Hoyt and Matthews bows... but walked away. Although I did like the Bowtech Solution SS.

I have a hunting trip planned in 2 months, chasing Fallow Deer, Pigs and Goats. This Vista will be with me.

Thanks Athens Archery. You have a winner here.

Attachments

• V1.jpg
    V1.jpg
    620.4 KB · Views: 42
  • V2.jpg
    V2.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 42