Muzzle break Accuracy issue

What would you do?

• Re-do some load dev with the APA break installed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

chindits

WKR
Nice brake test Darryle. Makes me think a person only needs one self timing brake for all their rifles. That’s worth a jug of powder for me.

Darryle

WKR
To be honest, when Brian @ Shoot-Long told me that I didn't need a bore sized brake, I was skeptical. In fact, I held off for nearly a month. It went against everything the industry tells consumers. There was a thread on another forum discussing that very subject. I reached out to Greg to inquire about ordering a brake matched to the bore size of the bore. A few emails were exchanged and he eventually found the video and sent the link to me, to say I was surprised was an understatement. I ordered 2 of the T2 brakes and they are on the way now. They are the only brake I will run in the future.

I run a T1 on a 6.5 PRC and it flat works, that skinny barrel lightweight rifle is a pussy cat now. It was unbearable before at the bench with the Berger 156gr EOLs.

I am going to have another skinny barrel rifle chopped and threaded 1/2-28 so I can run the T1 on it. It's currently threaded 5/8-24.

OP
stan_wa

stan_wa

Lil-Rokslider
So as a conclusion to this endeavor, I took the APA break little bastard GEN three and put all the vertical tuning ports to closed And I tested it alongside a precision aramennt hyper tap and a SRS ti pro five. Shot five shots with each break at 200 yards and recorded the main radius in moa for each, and took mental notes on the ability to stay on target and while shooting prone.
Apa fat bastard all ports - Mr- .43
Precision armament hyper tap -Mr- .425
Srs ti pro 5 - Mr .295

So then, because the tyro seemed to have the best accuracy and was also the best at staying on target. I shot 10 more rounds through it and recorded the data and ended up with an average MR of .27

And I can confirm, shooting a 7 pound scoped 28 Nosler with a 195 at 2850 FPS and a ti pro 5 I can watch the target hit the gong at 200 yards on 18 zoom shooting from the bipod. I will consider this a successful mission at 12 zoom Even if my form has degraded or I am having some poor alignment, I can still easily spot impacts at 200.