Must have gear for a beginner

Recently moved to Oklahoma. Me and the Mrs have been bitten by the coyote bug. I've never really pursued it hard like I do with deer and elk. Trying to get in to it on a budget $300 or $400. Already have the rifles, range finder, binos. What are some of the must have that yall can not go with out that make your life easier chasing song dogs?

Dunndm

WKR
A good game caller.. only other thing I can think of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A good call like mentioned above. Also your rest is important. I’m a tripod fan. A good tripod and head isn’t cheap.

packer58

WKR
Tripods are nice but a good bipod of sufficient height will work just fine. Head / face covering is a must in my opinion, as far as guns go don't leave the house without a shotgun and take it on every stand, you'd be surprised at how many coyotes you'll kill inside of 50 yards....... that's where 3 inch #4 buckshot really shines.....

7stw

WKR
Depending on the terrain a dove stool or chair will help if you are sitting. I use a tripod so I can sit or stand and have a solid rest depending on the height of the vegetation. A few handcalls will go a long way. Depending on the region of Oklahoma your in shots can be really far to shotgun close. I pack a scatter gun on every stand. I hunt in northern Oklahoma 90% of the time and se and the panhandle the other 10%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheGDog

WKR
Get some mouth calls for backup. Be careful to prevent other things in your pack from pressing up against buttons on callers and remotes! Sucks to show up and your caller is already dead. Spare batteries or battery pack. Also the Pocket Prey lil ultra-mini eCaller has worked too. Saves you all the blowing.

Bite the bullet and get a FoxPro with the TX1000 remote! It worked VERY well. I got the X24. Unfortunately I'd traffic-jammed the damn AR upon re-loading it back up, on the last set without realizing it. FML! Had to sit there and watch this yote being curious about the caller and barking at it without being able to do anything about it. Grrr.

You definitely need gloves and face covering. And I love my 3D leafy boonie hat and 3D Leafy suit! Had a yote trotting by as I was returning to my deer sit from going pee. When he saw my movement out of his side vision and turned his head to look my way, I simply froze. Real quick he determined he musta just been seeing things and continued along with his Trot down the trail.

I just recently bought a Helinox "Festival Chair" thing. It's real LowPro and only weighs 2Lbs. I have back trauma injuries (4 disc bulges 3mm- 5mm) and this new chair passed the test last weekend! Took a deer sit from 6a - 10a. And if I try to do that with my back supported Predator Seat Cushion... inevitably my area of injury will get aggravated if I'm on a sit more than like 30min. Even with just 30min it'll get tender.

With this Helinox one I was totally good when it was time to move along!

For reference I'm 220 Lbs (it claims 300Lbs limit) and it didn't sink in hardly at all, even when I was perched on a slope overlooking a waterline!

P.S. and it was On Sale for like HALF OFF right now!