Multi Caliber / Switch Barrel Systems

Ratpick68

Roksliders - looking for real world experience with barrel change systems that can be accomplished in the field WITHOUT barrel vice, action wrench, etc... Two prominent make/models are GunWerks Nexus and Barbour Creek Fusion (Terminus Zeus Quick Change). I also see West Texas Ordnance SwitchLug as a part option.

Any other suggested platforms or products ?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Roksliders - looking for real world experience with barrel change systems that can be accomplished in the field WITHOUT barrel vice, action wrench, etc... Two prominent make/models are GunWerks Nexus and Barbour Creek Fusion (Terminus Zeus Quick Change). I also see West Texas Ordnance SwitchLug as a part option.

Any other suggested platforms or products ?

If you are doing it in the field, without trying to rezero, you are basically limited to the Blaser R8 and Sauer 404. Both systems are significantly better switch barrel systems than any domestic option.

OP
Ratpick68

Ratpick68

I think blaser and Sauer both make one.
Thanks Tock-O. I will look them up!
If you are doing it in the field, without trying to rezero, you are basically limited to the Blaser R8 and Sauer 404. Both systems are significantly better switch barrel systems than any domestic option.
Thanks for the note Formidilosus. I looked at both. Interesting. Available calibers seem to favor European ones.