Muley Hunt Ideas

SteveTX

Lil-Rokslider
Howdy y’all & Happy 4th!

Sitting here watching the temp touch 100 in TX and dreaming of the Fall. Trying to come up with ideas for a muley hunt and curious what thoughts may be on here. I did CO archery in the high country last year, solo DIY, and that is still my primary goal that I’ll be chasing as often as I can. Prefer archery and public, but open to all ideas. Something reasonably accessible, not waiting for years to build points etc.

So, where would you want to go?
Sand Hills? Arizona? Canada? Any and all feedback appreciated.

Cheers!

Cowbell

WKR
Howdy y’all & Happy 4th!

Sitting here watching the temp touch 100 in TX and dreaming of the Fall. Trying to come up with ideas for a muley hunt and curious what thoughts may be on here. I did CO archery in the high country last year, solo DIY, and that is still my primary goal that I’ll be chasing as often as I can. Prefer archery and public, but open to all ideas. Something reasonably accessible, not waiting for years to build points etc.

Cheers!
It's hot here man. I leave to go scout in 2 weeks and it can't get here quick enough.

OP
S

SteveTX

Lil-Rokslider
If you're asking about a mule deer hunt for this fall the Colorado leftover licenses may be the only option left.
Not for this year, just trying to think of something that I can chase on the off years when I buy a point for CO archery. Or something that’s just one of those hunts you put on the go do list.

If you're open to the idea of draw permit hunts, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah and Arizona are within easy driving distance of Texas.

Northpark

WKR
Howdy y’all & Happy 4th!

Cheers!
A guided west Texas mule deer hunt would be a good option potentially. I live in AZ and having lived and hunted CO for a decade I just can’t really get into mule deer in AZ. If you want to leave Texas I’d really look at guided hunts with landowner tags in NM or CO.