MTN tough 45-70

Mikido

WKR
Did my first workout today. I’m intermediate. Couple of quick questions:

OH pack reverse lunges: there comes a point I can’t hold my pack over my head anymore, so I rest it on my head and continue the lunges. Should I stick with this or remove weight so my arms can still hold it? My legs can handle the weighted pack as is.

Lateral burpees: my right wrist can get sore from a previous injury. Going to a fist style push-up gets very difficult, and I have to modify to a knees push-up, almost ruining the burpee. Any suggestions?

.5 mile run: besides the indoor alternatives they list, any other suggestions? I have a stair master at home. 4 min of high intensity?

Thanks

Ive reached out to their staff with questions like this via their website before and they always answered me promptly, even dustin responded several times. Might try that if its still an option on the new app? Or email them maybe

OP
Mikido

Mikido

WKR
The app doesn’t have it, but their site does. Thanks for the tip.

OP
Mikido

Mikido

WKR
Loving it. Feel stronger every week. I’m sure you can find and piece together similar vids for free, but I need the structure. ~$70 ain’t bad for a full 10 week program. Regardless, the more you push yourself, the better the results. After 3 weeks I’m killing my other winter hobbies, but you Definitly need to mix in rucking as much as possible.

For reference, I’m 37yo, always in decent shape, never a gym guy, and got my ass handed to me in the Rockies this past fall.

Teaman1

WKR
Loving it. Feel stronger every week. I’m sure you can find and piece together similar vids for free, but I need the structure. ~$70 ain’t bad for a full 10 week program. Regardless, the more you push yourself, the better the results. After 3 weeks I’m killing my other winter hobbies, but you Definitly need to mix in rucking as much as possible.

For reference, I’m 37yo, always in decent shape, never a gym guy, and got my ass handed to me in the Rockies this past fall.

I’ve done some of the post season and preseason programs. Looking at trying 45-70 this year.
How do you feel your cardio/conditioning was after 45-70?

Teaman1

WKR
I went and checked out the workouts. I’m sure you could handle some heavy pack weights at the end, but there seemed to be less “cardio” than other programs

OP
Mikido

Mikido

WKR
I’ve done some of the post season and preseason programs. Looking at trying 45-70 this year.
How do you feel your cardio/conditioning was after 45-70?

Great. Served its purpose. I went 7 days in the Rockies with a 40lb pack without a problem. 6-9 miles a day, 2000’ elevation average.
I saw improvement in my other hobbies also. (swimming, biking, soccer)

I joined a buddy for one day of the 30-30. And although a great workout and I was sore the next day, 45-70 blows it away for the purpose of rucking in the mountain.

Great. Served its purpose. I went 7 days in the Rockies with a 40lb pack without a problem. 6-9 miles a day, 2000’ elevation average.

I joined a buddy for one day of the 30-30. And although a great workout and I was sore the next day, 45-70 blows it away for the purpose of rucking in the mountain.
I agree, the 30-30 is the easiest of their programs I've done

Teaman1

WKR

Cool. I got back into weight training this year and just doing more gpp type cardio.
Hoping the 45-70 can get me more “mountain fit” so I can do my own thing the rest of the year

OP
Mikido

Mikido

WKR
Cool. I got back into weight training this year and just doing more gpp type cardio.
Hoping the 45-70 can get me more “mountain fit” so I can do my own thing the rest of the year
The only supplement you need, for the purpose of hunting, is you have to Ruck up and down slopes. There are a lot of stabilizer muscles that just don’t get worked (in any workout). The last month before my hunt, I switched to 3x a week of rucking, to do this, and also make sure my boots were good.