MSR Coffee Press or separate French press

fmyth

WKR
I have the GSI press and an Aero Press. I thought the clean up on GSI french press was too much for run and gun tailgate coffee. I burnt the shit out of my hand using the Aero Press when the cup I was holding on the tailgate tipped over as I "pressed". Bought a small dripper and some filters and have been extremely pleased with the ease of use, taste of the coffee and ease of clean up. I keep it under the rear seat of the truck with an old Jetboil. I liked it so much I bought another for home use for days when it's just me and I only need one cup.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 5.55.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 5.55.34 AM.png
    338.9 KB · Views: 13

TX_Diver

WKR
How do the brcc compare to other instant you have used? Have yet to try theirs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been awhile since I've used other instant coffee, but I like the BRCC instant better than some of the grocery store beans I've bought... Worth picking up a box to try in my opinion. Obviously your taste may vary but I personally think that it's good stuff as far as instant coffees go. Haven't tried the "tea bag" style instant but have heard good things too.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
Aeropress Go if I'm going to take real coffee with me. Self contained, easy to clean up, and reasonably quick coffee that tastes great. Otherwise, BRCC instant or the Trader Joes Instant work for me.

dlee56

WKR
Another vote for Aeropress. We use it at home and backpacking. Only way to make real coffee without a cleanup, weighs less than an empty Nalgene, and it essentially makes some espresso/coffee concentrate so you can make it as thick or thin as you like.