Moved to Nevada and looking for advise

Nevada Mike

FNG
Classified Approved
Hi everyone!
I moved to Nevada 8 months ago and am loving in here. I only have 2 points. I would like to hunt this year, but I have no idea what units could give me an opportunity to harvest an animal with my points. I am limited to rifle season or muzzleloader season as my bow is not compliant with the regs as it has 85% let off. Just looking for a little guidance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve hunted Nevada twice in one of the easier rifle tags to draw as a non resident and had good luck finding deer and bucks. I think all units give you the opportunity to harvest a buck, you just might have to work a little harder in the ones that are easier to draw.

To the east around the Ruby’s usually provides a higher chance to draw but there can be a lot of traffic.

This is a roadhunters nightmare of a hunt. If you can't hike don't apply. Just some good info!

@Renojxd, The Ruby's was the second area I was looking at. Thank you for the advice and the warning.

@mickeyelk, I am a hiker and make every attempt to get away from the croud. Nothing like seeing new country and working the cardio. Not to offend anyone, but I never understood road hunting.

Thanks guys for the info.

there are tools out there that show draw odds. Toprut breaks down how many draw per points bracket if you have OnX elite or pay Toprut. There are several units that you could draw with 2 points that are decent if you get off the roads or travel a little farther from home.

I also recommend spending some time on OnX or whatever your preferred mapping program is to check access. units like the Rubys can have issues with access because of all the private land surrounding it.

Best of luck in the draw this season!

@Renojxd, The Ruby's was the second area I was looking at. Thank you for the advice and the warning.

@mickeyelk, I am a hiker and make every attempt to get away from the croud. Nothing like seeing new country and working the cardio. Not to offend anyone, but I never understood road hunting.

Thanks guys for the info.
When you get a little older this maybe the only way you can enjoy hunting

Back