Move On From My Trusty DT1?

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I've been thinking about trying out the Kiraru Hoodlum or Crater for a while but I keep going back to how much I like the layout of my DT1. Who's made the switch and what do you think?

image00005 - Copy.jpeg

That DT1 is the gold standard. I’ve tried to leave mine a few times over the years but always come back to it as the best they’ve ever produced. Go ahead and try something else but don’t sell the DT1 first. It’s a terrible mistake you’d be making.

The AMR is the only other bag I’ve found that’s near perfect for me. Both the DT1 and AMR will never leave my gear room.

Lol too funny. I was faced with the same sort of situation in my mind and went ahead and bought the Hoodlum last year about this time. I am not disappointed. I used them both last September. I give the edge to my Hoodlum because of accessibility.I helped pack out bone in quarters in the Hoodlum and there was no noticeable difference in packability. the advantage of the DT1 is its size. At 7200 ci’s, packing camp in and out is noticeably roomier than the Hoodlum. But not enough for me to say I’d prefer the DT1 over the Hoodlum.