Mountain Music

No, not the Billboard #1 title track of Alabama's 5x platinum 1982 album "Mountain Music". Maybe I should have drove over and requested that though. It would have been more fitting than the music these folks blared for hours into the night. I camped a mile away as the crow flies in a different basin and could still hear the bass well past 10pm.

I was tempted to do some target shooting at the crack of dawn the ridge over to make sure those hangovers were really pumping. Anyone ever witnessed a full blown rave in the mountains?

Attachments

• IMG_0260.jpg
    IMG_0260.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 136

moosebait

FNG
I think I can one-up this one...

I was hunting a really popular recreation area near a prominent Colorado ski resort on the last day of archery season. I ripped a bugle from the base of a ridge near our camp...got a response from a bull...then a really weird response I couldn't figure out from further down a forest road. Ripped another bugle, bull responded, then I heard a trumpet start playing the start of the theme song from Harry Potter. A few minutes of silence later, the guy started playing the whole thing. It sounded fantastic...like concert quality. The bull kept bugling (most have liked the trumpet notes.) After dark, the guy and his buddy wandered into our camp to admire our bonfire. They were high on mushrooms and played a few jazz standard requests for us. I'll try and dig up the picture. It was a surreal moment.

Rob5589

WKR
I'm guessing there was a whole lotta, herbs and stuff, flowing at that shindig.