Mountain lion encounter

jdinville3

Lil-Rokslider
Just saw this on Initial Ascents Facebook page and thought I'd share! While he missed, that's one good reason to carry even if you aren't worried about bears. You just never know when something see's you as prey!

Mountain Lion encounter

Ucsdryder

WKR
Drop the dang phone and kill it already :ROFLMAO:

Are people really that focused on getting the shot for Social Media that they get stupid??? From this video I'd say yes.
Guy almost died so he could get a video for the gram. At that distance it could have pounced in half a second and obviously he wasn’t hitting water if he fell out of a boat. Unbelievable…

KHNC

WKR
Helluva shot! He obviously didnt want to hurt the poor lion. Takes skill to miss two times from that range. He probably didnt have a tag and knew how precious lions are.

TheViking

WKR
Drop the dang phone and kill it already :ROFLMAO:

Are people really that focused on getting the shot for Social Media that they get stupid??? From this video I'd say yes 🤷‍♂️
I shared this video with my hunting buddy and said the same thing. Drop the phone, two hands on the weapon and dump the mag. WAY too close for comfort. He had proof of the mountain lion stalking him and not backing down, justified kill, put the phone down and dump it.

OP
J

jdinville3

Lil-Rokslider
I shared this video with my hunting buddy and said the same thing. Drop the phone, two hands on the weapon and dump the mag. WAY too close for comfort. He had proof of the mountain lion stalking him and not backing down, justified kill, put the phone down and dump it.
So what happened before the start of the video we saw? Guessing the cat was already stalking him, but the last thing I'm thinking about in that moment is get my phone out. 🤷‍♂️