More new gear from Kifaru!

DeepMauka

Lil-Rokslider
[video=youtube;_H9ZuTRWMRQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H9ZuTRWMRQ[/video]

So does the pocket come with both malice clips and dock and lock, or you have to choose? Just wasn't sure if the dock and lock is permanently attached (as in sewn on) or slips thru the webbing holes.

I want that same pocket in mega-size (2200 ci +/-) with a hypalon sleeve at the top and three bars at the bottom for frame attachment. Two rows of vertical pals for compression straps to slide through, and the same lid pockets as my zippy.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
So does the pocket come with both malice clips and dock and lock, or you have to choose? Just wasn't sure if the dock and lock is permanently attached (as in sewn on) or slips thru the webbing holes.
They come with the pocket and slide through the PALS.

I stopped by kifaru last week to check out the new pockets. They look great! I wasn't sold on the bottle holder, but after seeing them in person, they are on my list too. Also wanted to give props to Heath. Had to get a few buckles added to my duplex and he set me up with no issues. Always impressed with kifaru customer service.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We've got a sale starting this afternoon with 20-30% off multiple items.

I'll post up a link when it goes live.

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Well thanks for your vids Aron. You just earned commission ;) I got two large side pockets for my Zulu and two mediums for my xing and marauder. Appreciate it.

Craig4791

WKR
Hey Aron,

Any thought on the side pockets having an option for a bottom zipper as well as a top? Would be pretty nice option for carrying a rifle and keeping the action/scope clean and fairly dry.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Aron,

Any thought on the side pockets having an option for a bottom zipper as well as a top? Would be pretty nice option for carrying a rifle and keeping the action/scope clean and fairly dry.
We tried that.....stuff can fall out at times, so we didn't proceed with that design.

Craig4791

WKR
We tried that.....stuff can fall out at times, so we didn't proceed with that design.

I figured you guys had thought of it and I thought of that too but for that purpose I think it would be well worth it as an option maybe.

I was just out on Sunday here in Ca mostly coyote hunting and checking out a new area so was packing the predator gun in hand and my 300 in the DT1 in case I saw a bear. it was raining all day and after bucking brush and hunting all day the gun in my pack was full of chit!!

Kudos again to the new pockets. Very slick. The mini belt pouch will fit more than I thought. For reference it will fit (with the top open) a 24 oz camelbak bottle, "bike" bottles, and a 16 oz nalgene bottle.

The final pocket will actually have loops on the backside for running your horizontal compression straps under the pocket. This will allow you to use the pockets on the side of a High Camo/Late Season type pack without compressing the actual pocket.

Did these vertical loop modifications for the side pockets make it to the final product? The pics on the kifaru website don't show any.

Looks like the mini long's "replacement" is up on the Kifaru side pocket website. It's a small side pocket which appears to be a mix of the water bottle holder and mini belt pouch.

SidePocketAllthree350.jpg

https://store.kifaru.net/side-pocket-p173.aspx