Moose DIY euro. Any help in Anchorage?

Got a moose a week ago and need to finish cleaning the skull. Any ideas besides the typical propane stone and a garbage can with slots cut in it? I don’t have much room to work and don’t own these things. Anyone in anchorage area have equipment for doing a moose euro that they would let me buy/rent/borrow? Thanks! Pic of my bull attached.

Attachments

• 3B9713A4-22BE-454B-A89C-F03A738E93AA.jpeg
    3B9713A4-22BE-454B-A89C-F03A738E93AA.jpeg
    626.1 KB · Views: 91

Legend

WKR
Look into maceration on the internet. Smells like hell but it is a good method.

OP
Kyle Hamilton
I’m not against boiling/simmering. I’ve done many deer. But the way these moose antlers come straight out the side of the head will make it tricky and I don’t have the equipment

AKBC

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not against boiling/simmering. I’ve done many deer. But the way these moose antlers come straight out the side of the head will make it tricky and I don’t have the equipment
I'm struggling with the exact same issue and I gave up on the idea of the Euro when it started rotting in my yard and cut it down to just the skull cap.

Based on my research, I think using a hot water pressure washer is the easy button if you have access to one.

tuffcity

WKR
I use a 45 gallon drum that I cut down to about half size and a crab pot boiler (propane) to boil traps. That should be big enough to simmer a moose skull. I've done deer this way and it doesn't seem to have an effect on antlers. The key will be getting as much meat, eyes, brains out/off as possible first.

cgasner1

WKR
Pressure wash it before you put it in the pot you can usually get it down to almost all bone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk