Montana Wild Sheep Capture and Disease Test video

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I've been trying to fit more volunteer days into our filming this year to show people what conservation volunteer activities are out there. This was a last minute opportunity when FWP realized the weather and chopper availability was going to line up the next morning. Wild Sheep Foundation called that night and asked if we could be there and capture some footage. Marcus and I jumped in the truck and met the experts at Durham Meadows near Big Sky, MT to film and do what little this untrained accountant could do that might help with in an operation such as this.

Thanks a ton to Travis Heater for giving us some of his "Mugger" head cam footage. He needs his own YouTube channel to air the cool chopper footage he captures.

This kind of stuff is what gets me excited. It is where we see our license and excise tax dollars being used for hands on conservation. This was funded by license dollars, Pittman-Robertson funds, and money from the one bighorn auction tag Montana issues each year. As I call it, Conservation In Action.

[video=youtube_share;Dy4N2GKdhcI]https://youtu.be/Dy4N2GKdhcI[/video]

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great video Randy, thanks for posting it! More of these studies need to make their way to Alaska. With the recent discovery of M. Ovi in Alaska Dall sheep and goat populations, our animals need all the help they can get.