Montana Elk Guide - Senior Citizen

NrthFrk16

Lil-Rokslider
Hi All -

My father in law drew a combo tag for MT. He is 81, kidney dialysis patient, stage 4 cancer survivor. He has trouble getting around.

I don’t think I will have too much of a problem getting him on a deer - he isn’t particular. However, elk is a different story. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a guide/outfitter that would be a good option for him during the rifle season?

Deer as well, if you have any sure fire recommendations but again think we can solve for that w/o guide or outfitter.

We have property outside of Dillon but are open to other areas.

Thanks!

rambo2345

WKR
The Dillion area is good hunting. Pretty rough terrain for an 81 year old.

Maybe a tall chore to find an outfitter with an opening at this time. Unfortunately, I do not know of an outfitter to share with you.

Good luck.

Can't help ,but I sure do wish you guys the very best hunt of your lifetime on that hunt. Hope you Father-in-law kills a Monster! Good Luck!

jtevanMT

Lil-Rokslider
I hope you find an elk for your Father in Law during the general season. If not, a MT shoulder season hunt for a cow might be easier, especially on private land, block management, or guided. Elk are more accessible but limited to a cows.

vladkgb

FNG
I used Montana High Country in Polaris last year, and had a great time. They have a great team, beautiful lodge. I took a Bull archery hunting on public land with the guide calling for me. They're really knowledgeable and are always scouting to find Elk for their clients. Give them a call ASAP, they usually book up for rifle quickly.