Molokai DIY hunt

krolelov

FNG
I will be on Molokai next week. Plan to hunt Unit A and B. Has anyone hunted these units? I'd be curious to hear your impressions and any tips you might have. I also quite puzzled about the access to the units. Per OnX maps, the public land on those units is surrounded by private. Not sure how to navigate to them without trespassing.

I know that Axis deer on Molokai is abundant. But all the Molokai deer hunts I watched on YouTube are on Western dry part of the island. Will I have a chance to see a deer in the jungle of Unit A and B?

Does anyone have any connections with locals who let people to hunt their land for a fee? I would consider these options too.

There is very little information out there about Molokai hunting. Anything will help!

OP
K

krolelov

FNG
Are you talking about Kamakou Preserve? I checked their website and the pictures look surreal. Thanks.

in the middle of the island, not far outside the main town, there is a road that goes up to the top of the mountains there. The chicken wire board walk is up there. I can't remeber the name of it.

OP
K

krolelov

FNG
Public land hunt was not great. Limited access and only hog and goat sign in the units open now.
Private land hunt with a guide was amazing. Very cool to see hundreds of deer.