Mock scrapes - school me on distance

So I have a specific question for those that make mock scrapes. I’ve located a nice buck I’d like to target and will implement a mock scrape to see if I can get him frequenting the area more. In this particular spot I’d like to put the scrape the wind isn’t always best for me to sit. I can place another stand that will work for those bad wind days which would be roughly 150yds away. Is that too close to put another mock scrape?

dtrkyman

WKR
No, just make sure you are not alerting the deer by hunting in that general spot too much. He will also use the area diffenetly with another wind direction and maybe not at all.

Mock scrape tip of the century, cut a licking branch off from another scrape and attach it to a limb where you want to hunt, other deer will immediately use it and it is far more productive than trying store bought scents.

I don't even mess with the ground any more, just need the branch!

Last edited:

WCB

WKR
Absolutely not. Just make sure that when you are hunting either stand you take into consideration the wind has to be good for both scrapes. Would hate to be sitting on scrape #1 and have him smell you at #2 or in the process of traveling from scrape to scrape.