Mil-Vet MOS - Electronics&Soldering

Got a question...what branch/mos will be having soldering/board level repair training etc nowadays. Got a buddy who is having to put a job req together and the half dozen guys that we used to have that rocked at that were all Navy / Air Force guys who had passed what was called NEATS? soldering skills classes. ( unfortunately all of them retired about a decade back )
Trying to find guys who will have board level repair / soldering work on mission critical equipment coming in and a sense of ownership.
Not sure if they are even doing this now or just out sourcing to civilian depot workers or not....but i would think Navy would still want this skill set on seaborne assets.

skindroid

FNG
Got a question...what branch/mos will be having soldering/board level repair training etc nowadays. Got a buddy who is having to put a job req together and the half dozen guys that we used to have that rocked at that were all Navy / Air Force guys who had passed what was called NEATS? soldering skills classes. ( unfortunately all of them retired about a decade back )
Trying to find guys who will have board level repair / soldering work on mission critical equipment coming in and a sense of ownership.
Not sure if they are even doing this now or just out sourcing to civilian depot workers or not....but i would think Navy would still want this skill set on seaborne assets.

Can only speak to the Marine side, and I may be mistaken - but I think the closest we have are in the 2841 Radio Repair MOS. I was combat arms, but I had a buddy who did that prior to changing jobs and told me about it. The other branches that focus more on specific technical skills probably have a deeper talent pool, but I hope this helps at least a little 👍

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
The RAWS (Radar, Airfield, and Weather Systems) maintenance guys (AFSC - 1C8, used to be called ATCALS) can do that kind of work. Their tech school covers a lot of electronic principles and maintenance then the OJT requirements are extensive.

I was stationed in Turkey a few years ago and we had a tough time getting spare parts for a lot of our critical systems (radar, instrument landing system, radios, etc) and the skill and creativity my RAWS folks showed in fixing that stuff was impressive. It was fun going down to tinker with them in the shop.

SWOHTR

WKR
A good navy ET (electronics tech) or IC (interior communications) would be able to help you. We run what is called the 2M/Gold Disk program. Basically repair of electronic components. My experience with finding good techs is hit and miss. I’ve had to outsource many things that should’ve been fixed onboard…