Mid-November Archery Hunt & Moon Phase?

whaletail

FNG
Hi All,

Curious to get some thoughts from some of you with more experience than me hunting mule deer in the rut. In short, I’m strongly considering cashing in several years of points (15) here in Oregon for a mid-November archery hunt. Yes, I know Oregon is not in great shape in terms of mule deer management which is partly why I am looking to cash in and not continue to build points. I don’t think any hunt here in OR is worth 15 points and don’t want to debate on that.

My question relates to moon phase and where it falls within season dates. Although I would like to do the hunt this year, I am not tied to it and would consider putting off to next year (or year after) based on moon phase. Would you let this factor into your thinking when applying? The question popped up as I was looking at next year with it basically being a full moon on the opener.

This year:
Season dates 11/18-11/30. 32% full moon on 11/18 (waxing crescent).

Next year:
Season dates 11/16-11/28. 99% full moon on 11/16 (waning gibbous).

What do you think? Just go hunt and not worry about it or would a full moon scenario next year be beneficial? This is an open country archery hunt with most of the time spent glassing and covering a lot of country. Not trying to overthink it but figured some of you mule deer gurus would have some great insight.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk