Mid life crisis career change… Remote jobs?

Blacktocomm

Lil-Rokslider
Hey @BuckeyeRifleman Did a similar move for similar reasons in 2020 (I'm about ten years older with three kids) and only regret was not doing it sooner.
So... Where did you end up that you regret not going to sooner?

In the next 2 or so years I will be relocated (again) for work to a more permanent role, and could be remote or in person.

We have a short list in MT/WY, or ID/WA but always interested to hear where other people have landed.

So... Where did you end up that you regret not going to sooner?

In the next 2 or so years I will be relocated (again) for work to a more permanent role, and could be remote or in person.

We have a short list in MT/WY, or ID/WA but always interested to hear where other people have landed.
I'd hate to get more people moving here!

But there's tons of national forest, a pretty conservative/libertarian community, great schools and youth athletics, and lots of OTC hunting with very generous seasons. We're a lot closer to family, but not too close. Good, not great, fishing, and more hiking and camping than a guy could do in a year.

I'd stay away from WA at all costs (lived there over a decade myself) and MT is the new CO... ID has been bombarded too. Crazy times and more shifting is coming. Maybe I'll ask Chat GPT where the next boom will be so I can buy some land???

Blacktocomm

Lil-Rokslider
I'd hate to get more people moving here!

But there's tons of national forest, a pretty conservative/libertarian community, great schools and youth athletics, and lots of OTC hunting with very generous seasons. We're a lot closer to family, but not too close. Good, not great, fishing, and more hiking and camping than a guy could do in a year.

I'd stay away from WA at all costs (lived there over a decade myself) and MT is the new CO... ID has been bombarded too. Crazy times and more shifting is coming. Maybe I'll ask Chat GPT where the next boom will be so I can buy some land???
I've been in WA fin the past, it offers faster career acceleration for me, but I could be remote and still make good money.

But.. You can PM me where you landed and only 1 person will move there (and very likely I don't anyway) but we have been to all western states to look for places to live and have narrowed down a few spots already.