Meopta meosport 3-15x50 input?

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
I own a set of Meopta 15s and like the glass and they appear to be good quality. I have been looking at the meosport 3-15x50 on camera land and it appears to offer a lot for the price. Anyone have any input?

Looking for a hunting scope on a 308 primary eastern whitetail under 300 yards. Want the ability to dail on occasion for target shooting and western hunts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
C

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
Nobody? I guess these aren’t very popular on RS.

Bigdave

FNG
I have a 3.5-18x56 that I really like, I also like the 2.5-15x44 I have.

Great scopes, they track well.

But they are on the heavyish side, everything that is rugged seems to be on the heavy side.

The glass will be better than almost any scope in its price range.

Mine are Optika-6, but I do not see the meostar being a worse scope.

OP
C

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you for the input.

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
MeoSport or MeoStar?.....The MeoSport is brand new for 2022 and the only 3-15 im seeing other than Optika.

OP
C

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
I’m sorry you are correct, it is the meosport 3-15 that I’m looking at.

ChrisAU

WKR
I had one for a short time that I really liked, sold it because I sold the rifle it was on. Thinking about getting another though. I think the size and reticle make it a great candidate for an Eastern whitetail scope. The only downfall is the illumination knob is ridiculously big. If they could have made it a normal size it would be much more popular.

ChrisAU

WKR
63ZTe13.jpg

OP
C

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you, how did you find the glass to be?

Got one on a rifle just haven’t zeroed it yet. Seems like a lot of scope for the money. The illumination is dim enough for low light hunting. Just wish the knob didn’t stick out so far.

Dgregory

FNG
I own a set of Meopta 15s and like the glass and they appear to be good quality. I have been looking at the meosport 3-15x50 on camera land and it appears to offer a lot for the price. Anyone have any input?

Looking for a hunting scope on a 308 primary eastern whitetail under 300 yards. Want the ability to dail on occasion for target shooting and western hunts.

Any update on this? Did you end up with the MeoSport? I’m looking at the same model And I’d be interested in feedback.

I bought a MeoSport 3-15x50 a couple of months ago and based on a brief trip to the range, it's clear, bright, and the knobs function exactly as I'd hoped.
It does not have a zero-stop function but that's not important to me.
If it stays reliable, I'm really happy, especially for the price.
BTW, it mounted on Talley lows direct to a Tikka dovetail with room for a Butler Creek cap.

Dgregory

FNG
Thanks for the feedback. That’s helpful! This scope seems to check all the right boxes. The only downside is that it’s 6-7 ounces heavier than all the other scopes I’m looking at. They all have less features though.