Melissa Bachman Vs National Geographic

broncoformudv

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure how many of you have heard about this? Melissa Bachman was chosen to be a contestant in the upcoming National Geographic tv series called "Ultimate Survivor Alaska". Apparently an anti-hunter found out that she was a hunter and threw a fit then started a petition against her being on the show. Needless to say he garnered 13,000 signatures and sent to it National Geographic who pulled her from the show.

An outraged hunter I am guessing started a petition against this act and if you are interested in signing on here is the link.

http://www.change.org/petitions/natg...ort-of-hunting

Here is a link to the news article about her being dropped.

http://news.yahoo.com/nat-geo-drops-hardcore-huntress-amid-protests-211224227.html

BuckSnort

WKR
The link to sign the petition doesn't work...

Edit: I was typing while others were posting... Guess I need to learn to type faster...lol

I had seen a lot of anti hunting folks blasting her on her Facebook for a week or so right before she posted getting accepted for the National Geographic spot. I did not know she was pulled though. That to me is very sad as National Geographic had to know full well she was a hunter. She would have been a good candidate for their show, "Ultimate Survivor Alaska". It also saddens me as National Geographic has been very honest showing the predator prey relationship. They show animals killing and eating their prey in much of the programing. Pulling her from the spot is an injustice. It will be interesting to see what vegetarian they get to take her place in the show and how they find their protein in the wilds of Alaska and survive on vegetation alone.

BuckSnort

WKR
Well, if it's anything like 99% of the rest of the "reality" shows I wouldn't believe there is much truth to the whole show...

AZ Vince

WKR
Seeing as how I am an admirer of Melissa I will pull all my support for National Geographic.
Cable, print media, and DVD's, are now null and void in my home if published by National Geographic. I encourage all hunters to do the same and let National Geographic know why. The old magazines will be burned this winter instead of being donated to the local school. If they ask why I will tell them that I do not spend my money with companies that don't support hunting and hunters and bow to eco-freak tree hugging bunny loving granola eating ferret pressure.

OP
broncoformudv

broncoformudv

Lil-Rokslider
Seeing as how I am an admirer of Melissa I will pull all my support for National Geographic.
Cable, print media, and DVD's, are now null and void in my home if published by National Geographic. I encourage all hunters to do the same and let National Geographic know why. The old magazines will be burned this winter instead of being donated to the local school. If they ask why I will tell them that I do not spend my money with companies that don't support hunting and hunters and bow to eco-freak tree hugging bunny loving granola eating ferret pressure.

I sent them an email stating the same thing.

philw

Lil-Rokslider
Back to the top. I can't understand how this thread is getting less attention that Stephanie ******* Jones.

OP
broncoformudv

broncoformudv

Lil-Rokslider
It is sad to see that us hunters don't even support our own kind, no wonder the anti's are winning the war!

I guess once hunting is completely taken away then all hunters will join together and fight to get those rights back but it will be too late.