Meindl MFS Bellavista, Comfort FIt Matrei Light, Comfort Fit Hiker

sndmn11

WKR
A friend of a friend sent me out two new Meindl model boots, and one old standby when they heard I was boot curious to see if I liked any. If you have any specific questions on the below boots, or want certain "feature" photos in the next day or so before I slap the return label on, let me know.

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
A friend of a friend sent me out two new Meindl model boots, and one old standby when they heard I was boot curious to see if I liked any. If you have any specific questions on the below boots, or want certain "feature" photos in the next day or so before I slap the return label on, let me know.

How do the lasts compare? With the Comfort Fit being German, and the others made in Italy and Slovakia. Are they to Meindl’s spec or do they reflect trends from those countries of manufacturer?

Do you like any? Sounds like maybe the Comfort Fit is an old favorite?

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
How do the lasts compare? With the Comfort Fit being German, and the others made in Italy and Slovakia. Are they to Meindl’s spec or do they reflect trends from those countries of manufacturer?

Do you like any? Sounds like maybe the Comfort Fit is an old favorite?

The old standby is the Comfort fit hiker so I could understand what D vs EE is in the same boot. The other two only come in D.

No clue who specs the last.

The two Comfort Fit versions are definetely wider from heel to mid foot, and it was thought I would like that last best due to my preference for "barefoot/minimalist" shoes currently. Surprisingly, I found it to be too high of volume in both the Hiker and Matrei. https://meindlusa.com/pages/comfort-fit

The Bellavista was sent because it seemed to be most like Hanwag Alverstone Wides that I wear when I want more support or when my feet are tired from my Vivos and Inov8s, but it was thought it would be too narrow. Again, surprisingly, the forefoot width is a scoosh wider than the Hangs and maybe a scoosh wider throughout. Frankly, it locks my heel in similarly to the Hangwags and I would bet I could go hit several miles off trail like I did on Saturday without an issue.

I am not a high-volume foot, but a wide forefoot, narrow heel, normal arch, and probably below-average foot thickness.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
The comfort for insole is tall! The cork base has it pretty stiff and the insert at the heel is squishy memory foam type stuff.
PXL_20240715_234214112.jpgPXL_20240715_234323349.jpgPXL_20240715_234338269.jpgPXL_20240715_234349357.jpgPXL_20240715_234436691.jpgPXL_20240715_234506147.jpgPXL_20240715_234525571.jpgPXL_20240715_234536280.jpg

LostArra

WKR
The Comfort Fit insole is the first insole from any boot manufacturer that I didn't immediately toss in the trash. I really like it. Thin crappy insoles especially in high end boots are my pet peeve.

If the Comfort Fit Hiker fits your foot and hiking/hunting needs it is a well made boot.