Meindl in a Lowa

Jethro

WKR
Finally put some new insoles in my 4+ year old Lowa Rangers. Went with the Meindl Air Active Insole. Did first hike last night and was quite impressed. Felt like new boots. Nice cushion and doesn't take up any more room inside the boot. Most comfortable those boots have been in some time. Air Active feels better than Lathrop Synergy. The Lowa insole wasn't that good even when new. Was a nice upgrade. Just thought I'd pass that along in case anyone else is looking for new insoles.

OP
J

Jethro

WKR
My 9.5 cork insole fits nicely inside my 10.5 Lowa Ranger. Problem is it takes up too much volume. Makes the boot too tight. I wouldn't be able to wear them that way.

scout17

FNG
Finally put some new insoles in my 4+ year old Lowa Rangers. Went with the Meindl Air Active Insole. Did first hike last night and was quite impressed. Felt like new boots. Nice cushion and doesn't take up any more room inside the boot. Most comfortable those boots have been in some time. Air Active feels better than Lathrop Synergy. The Lowa insole wasn't that good even when new. Was a nice upgrade. Just thought I'd pass that along in case anyone else is looking for new insoles.
Thanks for this, I'll have to give it a look.
I love my Rangers but like you said, the Lowa insert leaves something to be desired.
Other than that, I think it's a pretty much perfect boot.

Thanks for this, I'll have to give it a look.
I love my Rangers but like you said, the Lowa insert leaves something to be desired.
Other than that, I think it's a pretty much perfect boot.
boy, that is an understatement on lowa inserts.hah