Meindl Boots questions???

bhowren

Lil-Rokslider
I already have Meindl Boots that I bought from Cabelas quite some time ago. I am looking at getting another pair. Trying to decide between the Vakuum Hunter (Closest to exactly what I already have) or the Air Revolution 4.1 Hiker. I really like the current boots, but also think it would be nice to have another pair of similar boots that were at least a little lighter. I "Mostly" use them for hunting Archery Elk in September in pretty steep country. I have to pack out the Elk I get by myself most of the time.
1. Which of these boots would be better for this application? I would like lighter, but not at the expense of fit and function. Have some nerve damage and need good support for foot and ankle (Some numbness).
2. Do each of them have similar fit? I need boots that fit similar to my originals. Have a hard time with correct fit and get blisters if not fitted correctly.
3. Are the Air Revolution Hikers waterproof? Not a deal breaker, but it does rain in the unit I hunt in. Also holds moisture in the mornings and sometimes freezes.
Thank you in advance.

No experience with the Air Revolution boots but the vakuum hunters work well for me in Colorado hunting elk during the first rifle season. They are fine on steep terrain if you lace them up tight. I would call customer service and talk to them about it. They were great when I was deciding. I have the Cabelas Meindl lightweight hunter in 800g insulation. They fit good with two socks on for colder weather. It was suggested to me by customer service to get the exact same size in the Vakuum hunter even though I would only wear one sock typically. They were right and fit was perfect. Boots have held up good through 2 years of training and hunting. Guessing over 250 miles on them.

The Vakuum boots are exactly the same as the Cabelas Denali except that Meindl went with an improved material for the midsole. The fit is identical.

I’m not sure if it’s right boot for your application but I always turn to the Meindls for almost everything these days (I have some ankle issues) and like the stiffness and support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJBuck

FNG
I've never tried the Air Revolutions, but the several pairs of Mendl's that I have owned were 100% waterproof like they claim. Can't say that for some other "high-end brands."