MeatEATER on Netflix is ruining me. (in a good way)

boom

WKR
sometimes when i am bored, i re-watch episodes. usually as background noise while i am cooking.

anyways. i noticed a few episodes i missed.

1. now? i REALLY ant to backpack in to hunt turkey. maybe AZ (got some intel on a unit)..on his show he goes into the Cibolo in NM. i've been there!! it isnt to far from my brothers place.

2. i already invited myself to the sept 1, dove opener in NM with my brother. he limits out days in a row on a whitewing dove shooting bonanza. i havent been in years and years. this is right there date-wise to our elk hunting..yikes!

3. May 1 next year, my wife already put me on the calendar to be in AK to shoot a grouse. every friend i tell thinks i'm insane to spend money on a simple bird hunt. needlesstosay, i will more than likely be solo. maybe i'll buy my brother an airplane tix.

4. i am gonna go to Mogollon rim for a pack in squirrel hunt.

thankfully, i cancelled a wild hog round up next week with my brother in texas. work got in the way!! they got a landowner friend to allow night hunting. a SWAT team is going there for vacation. they are also gonna set some traps. i just saw a show about that last night!! i almost regret not going now. :( but i was pushing it with the wife, who is a solid #5 on "that scale".

5. growing up..when i was 9 or 10..i started reading Jim Kjelgaard books. outdoor books. after that i read many outdoor books. hunting/trapping books. i have wanted to try a beaver trapping thing forever..decades! now i want someone to show me how to trap a beaver. damnit..if one of the Rinella episodes wasnt him trapping a beaver. it looks like a beotch!

on paper, ^^ that is lot of money. i think what motivates me is that all those trips are so do-able. it isnt some big-money 3 week float down the brooks range type of adventure that will cost lots and take up lots of time..and a big gear list. these are trips that show me new lands, i get to shoot things, and nothing will require a huge pack out of meat solo. do-able!

i am so glad i dropped cable TV. that dude is showing me trips i never considered. i wont do all the small game trips in a single year..spread it out some. i dont think every western adventure needs to be big game anymore. i'm gonna do this!!

The two Idaho mule deer episodes finally push me and 3 friends over the edge. Have dates set for a 2018 elk and Muley hunt. Now just have to get the gear together.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jbehredt

WKR
The two Idaho mule deer episodes finally push me and 3 friends over the edge. Have dates set for a 2018 elk and Muley hunt. Now just have to get the gear together.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That might be the best part!!

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree fully. He even makes the small hunts look like an adventure. That turkey hunt was about as cool as it gets

Live2hunt custom shelters

NDGuy

WKR
I only wish the other seasons were on Netflix I can only rewatch them 20 times!

OP
B

boom

WKR
i learned i have been totally messing up filleting a catfish..damn it. i never knew to pull off the fat, and i always went into the belly meat.

you can buy the other episodes/season directly from meateater.com. Not super cheap though. I think the entire package is $165.

We watch the show enough in my house that I contemplated buying the package, but just never did.

JPHuntingAUS

Lil-Rokslider
That, Randy Newberg and an Aussie guy with beyond the divide are the only hunting shows I can watch. Just good honest hunting the way it should be.

I've always been passionate about hunting, conservation and game meat so rinella's show is great for me.

My youngest brother and I are keen to try some hot butter buck nuts and tongue next kill!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

you can buy the other episodes/season directly from meateater.com. Not super cheap though. I think the entire package is $165.

We watch the show enough in my house that I contemplated buying the package, but just never did.

I bought most of them on VHX before they offered the package. I rewatch some of my favorites every now and then when I am traveling. I will say that the iPad app for the player can be a bit whacky.

I wonder when / if he will put out a new season on the sportsman channel. They have hinted at a few episodes on the podcast but it has been long enough to make me think there is some kind of negotiation happening. Makes me wonder if he is going to go “Randy Newberg” and become an all digital distribution guy.

RAPTOR

WKR

I did it, worth every penny

Whatever ya do, never (and I mean NEVER) marinade your bison meat with bile. Still can't believe he ate that.

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
I know what you mean. The meat eater podcast is also one of my favorites because it’s not just a gear talk all the time. While I’m just as much of a hear junkie as the next guy it’s nice hearing about conservations efforts with out forcing an opinion as well as the historical facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drove 20+ hours to Montana to chase turkey last spring because of his Montana hunts! Look forward to his podcast every week.

trslabaugh

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, I really dig the episodes and his podcasts too! Great material when reloading or such. Rinella is a well educated guy and really puts stuff in perspective. Sometimes I wonder if his food choices aren't just to screw with people though. Guy will eat anything!