MDT HNT26 CHASSIS

Saw a recent video that Rinella had one of these on a Weatherby Mark V. I see a bit on them here or there but not a lot of posting.

what are thoughts from people that have shot them.

NSI

WKR
Love mine. See pics on Tikka upgrade mega thread.

Carbon feels great, ARCA is to spec, folder works well (as long as you depress button for opening and closing.

No getting around the cost, but unlike XLR you can order one and it will arrive in a week. I'd still like to get an XLR to compare one of these days.

Also no getting around the AICS problem for hunting. AICS metal mags are heavy, there are no plastic alternatives for WSM/PRC, and I haven't yet made the mods to prevent noisy clattering in the mag well.

-J

CMP70306

Lil-Rokslider
I have one and I love it, if they weren’t $1600 I’d probably have more. I originally had it on an 18” 6.5 PRC hunting rifle but have since moved it to a 28” 6.5 Creedmoor target rifle as the folding stock allows me to fit it in the bag easier for transport.

eoperator

WKR
It’s the first and only arca rail that I’ve experienced slippage under recoil.

I think it’s fair to say that the 3 little screws holding the forend may be a weak point. I haven’t loctite’d anything yet as I want to go through a few more on/off cycles to see how my zero moves
The 2 hnt26's I have have not experienced any slip from bipod or tripod one on a 6cm and the other on 280ai. I use the rrs thumb screw pic/arca adapters.

Mdt xrs has a bit thicker recoil pad that is marginally better. I switched the xrs pad to the 280ai

I definitely agree that the forend connection is not the greatest. I devcon bedded the forend to the chassis similarly to bedding an action to a riflestock, it made a huge improvement. The epoxy gives a much larger contact area instead of relying on 3 little screws to do all the work. Hopefully people give mdt some grief about this.

mmw194287

WKR
Saw a recent video that Rinella had one of these on a Weatherby Mark V. I see a bit on them here or there but not a lot of posting.

what are thoughts from people that have shot them.

I’d be curious to see a Mark V in one…where did you come across that video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Desk Jockey
I’d be curious to see a Mark V in one…where did you come across that video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

he mentions it in this video about gear maintenance.

awesymoto

FNG
any idea on cocking piece clearance for the firing pin and the stock for long actions? looks like it may drag a bit on the rear part of the top of the stock

awesymoto

FNG
thanks for the info, kind of a bummer there, especially if you run the bolt hard and shoot a lot.

awesymoto

FNG
e operator, hold the rifle vertically like when shot please for the next photo, i know the bolts tend to have some slop and my bolt sags a wee bit while going forward and back.

CMP70306

Lil-Rokslider
I don't see how this is possible. What action?View attachment 537447
American Rifle Company Archimedes, the back of the cocking piece catches the tiny bit of a lip on the folding mechanism. Don’t notice it when I’m running the bolt but it does leave a small mark on the chassis. I’ll have to get a better picture later.

3BD319A6-5CF2-4CF6-BECE-BF842B8847CE.jpeg