McCall, ID Family Trip

Headed to McCall Friday-Sunday April 19th-21st with my parents. Any recommendations on things to do?

We know it's a transitional time of year, so maybe not the best for things the area is known for. They hike a bit (mid-60's, flatlanders) but won't be prepared for any hiking in the snow. Would probably enjoy a little bit of exploring in the truck if the roads allow. Boat rental would be neat as they're huge boat people, but know it will be cold. Will bring bino's and spotter, so if there's a decent wintering area for elk/deer to glass from a distance it might be worth checking out. Fishing is a possibility, but nothing we could spend a lot of time on.

Restaurant recommendations would be great too.

ProStaffSteve

Lil-Rokslider
Took my parents to riggins & hiked hatchery road. Elk everywhere, warm. The hike follows a river it doesn't gain elevation much. Grab food in McCall & keep driving

Take your mud boots, it's pretty sloppy this time of year. The elk and deer are back, so be cautious driving at dusk, but there's no real concentration of them in Long Valley this time of year. Both big lakes have recently thawed, but I don't believe boat rentals are up and running. You might call Cheap Thrills to check.

Plenty of rotten snow all over. You might try the park for a walk/hike, but I'd expect substantial snow patches. Salmon River Brewing and The Sushi Bar are across the street from each other, and both have good food.

I agree on a drive down to Riggins to enjoy a beer on a sandy beach.