Max Wyoming points……archery hunter

golfbum

WKR
So I am ready to get out of the point game in Wyoming and looking into this fall as my year to do so.

I have max nr points for deer and primarily an archer. Without listing units in fear of upsetting some, I’m looking for any advice anyone is willing to offer.

I could potentially draw some of those southern/central units or hunt a specific well know area and maybe able to drag a friend or two along that have points but not enough.

If I’m looking for a fun archery hunt with a chance at a decent (150-170 type buck) where would you lean?

Would be more then happy to exchange info for Utah or Colorado limited areas as I have spent a decent amount of time in several of those more sought after areas.

I’m okay talking units as most of these are no secret but in respect for those that don’t like that feel free to PM me.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 09D10249-9BC6-4620-A2DF-F695D4322DDE.jpeg
    09D10249-9BC6-4620-A2DF-F695D4322DDE.jpeg
    297.4 KB · Views: 51
Idk if I can be of help with WY specifically.
But is there a certain type of hunt your looking for?
High country, velvet, late, migration?
I only ask cause I would think you could use a bow on one of the late hunts. If that's what you're into?

OP
golfbum

golfbum

WKR
Thanks for bringing that up.

I have thought about a few of the late hunts but I’m leaning more towards an early velvet hunt. I’m open to a high country pack style hunt or one of the sage hunts with very limited tags…..

I think I would stand a better chance in one of the limited areas as I have never hunted the famous high country area and most likely will be by myself most of the hunt…..

Bigolmuley

Lil-Rokslider
102 would be super fun archery hunt. Low country with sage pockets of brush and trees. Scout and spot and stalk. Would be a blast. Lots of bucks the size you are after. You will draw with your max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk