Maven

Jotis

WKR
Right now I have a pair of maven b.6
10x50. Looking to stay with the maven line. Looking for something to use on a tripod. Thinking either a pair of b.5 15x56 or 18x56 anyone have experience with either one of these

mainbeam pursuit2

Lil-Rokslider
Check out Robby's comparison review of the 15s against the Swaros. I think the 18s are a bit too much on the power. Need to spend some time looking through both.

OP
J

Jotis

WKR
I was just about ready to pull the trigger on the same B6 10X50....why can't you use them on a tripod?
Looking for something with more magnification. Just not sure to stick with bino or go with a spotter

Sled

WKR
Looking for something with more magnification. Just not sure to stick with bino or go with a spotter

Do you like binos better than a spotter? The reason I ask is I have a set of b5 15x and find them of limited use. They're good for glassing over 1000 yards but after about a mile I enjoy the spotter more, especially for the weight. I have one eye stronger than the other and don't generally prefer binos for anything over a mile. I also prefer an angled spotter for the truck window glassing. It's more comfortable than craning my neck around to line both eyes up. If you do go spotter, I find the wide angle lower power eye pieces to be more useful than the variables that go to 60.

I had the 18x version. I never got to look through 15x. I absolutely loved them. However i dod end up selling them to buy some 12x nl pures and a kowa 774 spotter. I think this is a more versitle set up personally but say a mile and in the 11x b2’s i jad and the 18x were a solid combo.
From my research though 15x is the more recommended option

Ill also add that i wouldnt use the 18’s much until 20-30 minutes after it got light then they were on my tripod over the 11x 95% of the time

rideold

WKR
I demoed a pair of the 15's against the B6 12x50's. I ended up keeping the 12x50's simply due to size and ergonomics. I found the difference between the two pretty small and the 12's are just fine for me to hand hold as well as use on a tripod. The 15's were too front heavy for me and I found myself holding them farther out on the barrels but then I had to move my hand to focus them. They are nice optically but they are a large binocular. If I only ever used them on the tripod it wouldn't be as big of a deal.....the B6 12x50's are a really nice optic that hits a sweet spot for size, magnification and weight.

Corbin99

FNG
I’m currently running the Maven b.2 11x45. I’ve found with my hunting style I enjoy sitting behind my 11x and then use the spotting scope to verify. With the binos on a tripod I’ve been able to spot animals well past a mile.