Maven rs3.2 anyone try it or the razor hd lht?

Just picked up a 6.5 prc tikka and considering one the maven rs3.2’s or the vortex razor Hd lht in the 4.5-22x50. I currently have one the rs.5 mavens and really like it just wondering if for long range the ffp is better. I hate carrying the weight of the mavens is only reason for considering the razor. Really would like to start sending lead deep. Tia

Coors Man 264

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the same boat right now with a light weight 7 SAUM hunting build. I'm leaning toward the LHT, just for the weight savings.

trolson90

FNG
I haven't tried the Maven RS3.2, but I did just buy the Vortex Razor HD LHT. A couple of things got me to land on the Vortex. The weight was one but if we're being honest, we're only talking 6oz of difference between the two. So that wasn't the biggest factor, for me at least. My main reason was because I don't ever want to be tempted by the 30x magnification of the Maven. I did get the 4.5-22 Vortex which is still more magnification than I should end up using but I wanted the FFP and that was the only option. If you go listen to the Gunwerks podcast (episode 126) they talk about how they don't want anything over 18x even for shooting long range. They give good insight as to why and list out many of the cons that come with running a scope on a higher power. Now a lot of that is for hunting scenarios and I'm making assumptions with the details provided in your post. If you're bench shooting then maybe the higher magnification would be more beneficial to you.

All that being said though, I've really liked the Maven scopes I own and the binos. I sold all my Vortex stuff when I found Maven, so this kinda feels like a step backwards for me, but so far, I don't regret the Razor.

Wright406

WKR
I received a RS 3.2 for testing. Initially it's great. Lighter than the Mark5HD 5-25 and more affordable. Personally I think the glass is just as good if not better. I haven't used the LHT but the Maven riflescopes are solid. Should hopefully have my review done in a month or so. If you have questions feel free to reach out!

Toner44

FNG
I have an RS3.2. It’s a great scope. I’ve compared it to my mark 5 3-18 and Zeiss V6 3-18. When comparing glass. All 3 are pretty close. The only noticeable difference for me is that the Zeiss has better resolution n can see finer details. However I prefer to overall view through the Maven the best. Colors are warmer and have better contrast with the maven. Where the RS3.2 loses it for me is with the weight at 28ounces roughly(compared to others in it’s power range it’s very good) for me personally on a hunting rifle it’s pushing the upper weight limit for my style of hunting. It would be a great NRL scope.