Maven RF.1 vs ??

I picked one of these up this year. I thought it was awesome. I got ranges out to 2400 or so and I felt like it ranged fast. I have not used any other quality rangefinders though. I had an old Bushnell I upgraded from. Only complaint on the maven was that it is pretty big but it has some good features and felt the price was good.

I’ve come very close to pulling the trigger on one myself as an upgrade to an old cheap Vortex. Curious to hear more too.

Titan_Bow

WKR
Not sure what’s comparable either, but I have the Maven and it’s been great. My only complaint is how big it is, but that’s something that’s not really that big of a deal at the end of the day. The thing gives me back ranges quickly and at yardages that flat out amaze me. It will easily and reliably give ranges on stuff out past 2k yards. This is really handy when planning stalks on stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C

CRBMAN

FNG
I wrote Rokslide's review on it this time last year, and it has performed as expected. I can't think of any competition at $500, and am not sure double or triple the price in a RF only unit accomplishes more.
Thanks for that review. It is one of the reasons I'm considering it. I guess I should say I'm primarily an archery hunter. It would also be used for 3D shoots.

sndmn11

WKR
Thanks for that review. It is one of the reasons I'm considering it. I guess I should say I'm primarily an archery hunter. It would also be used for 3D shoots.
I really cannot think of a flaw in the thing. I have grown to like the size because I don't have to grab it from the pouch perfect. The light push of the button I wrote about I have gotten used to. I use the Marsupial pouch without complaint.

$450 will get you years or more of service, and nothing to want for.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Agree with above. It's a bit bulky, and sometimes I can spin the wheel a setting when pulling it in and out of my large marsupial pouch. But holy cow, it's super clear, reliable, work ranges extremely far, consistently. When if/when they do ballistics it is really going to be a further solid contender. For now, it is such a solid product at a reasonable price, just like their binos.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Agree with above. It's a bit bulky, and sometimes I can spin the wheel a setting when pulling it in and out of my large marsupial pouch. But holy cow, it's super clear, reliable, work ranges extremely far, consistently. When if/when they do ballistics it is really going to be a further solid contender. For now, it is such a solid product at a reasonable price, just like their binos.
When they onboard ballistics, the wheel will make things very simple.

Last edited:
OP
C

CRBMAN

FNG
I agree on their binos. I have a pair of the C series and am impressed.

I agree on their binos. I have a pair of the C series and am impressed.
A buddy picked up one of the c series last year super impressed with them makes me really want the b1.2 and this rangefinder

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Was looing for an answer to this also. This is outside my budget a little bit but with the feedback on it in this thread, I think I am going to save a little longer and try to find one used on here.

Sled

WKR

If you're just using it for archery it's a bit overkill. I tend to use the Maven and Leica I have for rifle. For archery it's bulky and loud (button click) compared to other systems I've used. I still have a Leupold 1200 I'm using for archery but I wouldn't say it's the best thing out there. It is quick and fairly reliable though.

Edit: I fell for the old necro thread again. Oh well, I still feel the same way about it.