Mathews V3X and Hamskey Epslion

Luked

WKR
I have a V3X 33 with the Epsilion rest on it.
As of now I have the cord tied to the lower limb. I have also tried it on the upper limb.
The issue I have been having is a lot of the really low profile quivers like a Tightspot the quiver gets in contact with the cord during the shot.
Right now I have just got the Tightspot Pivot 2.5 quiver I just put on last night so jury is still out on it as if right now till i can shoot some more.

My question is, I have read from some that they tie the cord to the lower or upper harness yoke.
For those of you that have done this have you seen any issue in shooting doing this?

OR Archer

WKR
Unless the cord is actually getting hung up on the quiver it’s really a non issue if it touches. I’ve had plenty of set ups that the quiver would touch the cord with zero issues.

sacklunch

WKR
standard tight spot 5 arrow... hamskea bracket for tying on to, seemed to move the cord more to the center of the limb and eliminated any rub.

Also helps to flip the tight spot bracket over to gain clearance needed.20230512_145620.jpg20230512_145659.jpg

Last edited:
Ive been using Hamskeas since the HHP came out years ago. I think the cord probably touched the arrows on every set up since and never had any issues.

As far as tying the cord to the yoke splitter, I dont think I would try that with the Epsilon. The epsilon, in my experience setting up quite a few bows with them, needs a good deal more tension on the cord than the HHP or Trinity. The HHP and trinity needed to be pretty snug, but they seemed to not have as much up tension with the whale tail as the epsilon, and there is a bit more wiggle room in how tight the cord has to be. On the epsilon, that dude has to be TIGHT to not cause issues with bounce/rebound contact with vanes. I wouldnt want that amount of tension directly on my cable.

OP
Luked

Luked

WKR
Mine was catching on the quiver. Took me some time to figure it out. But that was with my normal 5 arrow tightspot. Havent noticed anything yet with the Tightspot Pivot yet but havent got to test it a lot yet.
The yoke thing was the main thing I was courious about.
To me it dosnt seem like a good idea either, just wanted to get some others opinions on it.

Legend

WKR
Mine was catching on the quiver. Took me some time to figure it out. But that was with my normal 5 arrow tightspot. Havent noticed anything yet with the Tightspot Pivot yet but havent got to test it a lot yet.
The yoke thing was the main thing I was courious about.
To me it dosnt seem like a good idea either, just wanted to get some others opinions on it.
I have mine tied to the yoke as an experiment.

I think this is where Chris Bee recomended. And he is some kind of a Matthews Rep or Fanboy.

Evergreen

WKR
Have my Epsilon tied to the harness no issues but I have a Phase 4 29 if that makes a difference