Mathews V3 stabilizer weight

warhawk07

FNG
Hello, bought a new V3 a few months ago and am looking into stabilizers set ups i haven't bow hunted in about 15 years and just getting back into the game. Never shot a bow with a stabilizer before. looking to help cut back on pin float and wondering what length, and how much weight ?? i know its an individual thing but I'm looking for a starting point.

in case it matters, i have the 31" model, set up with the 65 mods, tuned back to around 63 pounds, no quiver on when i shoot, with a BG accent whitetail site and the mathews/qad integrated rest. 100% of my bow hunting is whitetails in WI from a stand...and as noted, I'm trying to tighten my groups in the 30-40 yard range.

any help to get started would be appreciated. thanks

N2TRKYS

WKR
I recently bought the 27 version. It’s so top/front heavy that I don’t use a stabilizer at all.

I don’t like a long stabilizer, so if I had to use one it would be a 6” bstinger hex.

Good luck this season.

OR Archer

WKR
First off I wouldn’t purchase the Mathews stabilizers. They’re a nice stabilizer but extremely overpriced. I personally wouldn’t pick a stabilizer that’s under 10”. The stabilizer needs to be long enough to get the weight out front of the bow. So for hunting anything in the 10-12” range would be good. Also get something that has adjustable weights so you can add or subtract weight to get the hold just right. Some good brands to look at are AAE, B Stinger, Spider, and Tru Ball.

ia bhtr

FNG
New to Mathews , I am shooting a V3 31 , I have never liked a stab on a hunting bow prior , on this bow I am running a 10" front bar and an 8" back bar , 2 oz up front , 5 out the back , bow balances perfectly for me , thats with the quiver off - dont like shooting with it on

set op :
61#s , 27 1/2 DL , MBG pro sight

Have really never had anything good to say about Mathews over the years ( Hoyt boy dont ya know ) this V3 , may be the best hunting bow I have ever shot , changing my mind fast on Mathews for sure

and as stated above , Mathews stabs are EXPENSIVE , quite a few cheaper alternatives out there

Anything shorter then 10” is going actually be a stabilizer, just a sound and vibration dampener which I doubt the v3 needs. Where does your pin typically float? Check out AAe hot rods, conquest smac bars or cutter

schwaf

Lil-Rokslider
My triax balanced and torqued like hell until I put a back/side bar on. It's so top heavy that any set up without one just goes way out of whack. I'm running a 5 arrow quivalizer with an 8" side bar w/ 2oz. It now balances perfect with no pin float or torque. Love this set up.

Have a v27 and a 8” Mathews stabilizer. Played around shooting with and without it. Made zero or very little difference out to 30 yards. Beyond that it did make a difference but not that much. I would think with a 31 the benefits would be even less.