Marsupial enclosed reviews!

golfbum

WKR
Looking at getting the newer enclosed marsupial bino harness and rangefinder case.

who is it has used it and what are your thoughts? A few reviews floating around but not like most of them with hundreds.

likes/dislikes

Anozira

WKR
I have bought two of the enclosed versions to protect my binos. I really like the bow hook they have that is designed to attach to the bottom of the harness. My only beef is that my 18x56 fit super tight in the large size and the flap didn't want to stay closed when I first got it, but after using it for a month the fabric has stretched enough it closes fine now.

whaack

WKR
I have a new enclosed pack. I’ve only had it a few weeks and really like it. I also ordered the delete it buckles which are very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JGTWI

WKR
I have one and like it a lot. As of now, I can’t see how any harness would be better overall.
It’s quiet, provides great protection and is quite a bit lower profile than my AGC harness. The only thing I like more about the AGC harness is the additional pockets.

Sorry to highjack your thread, but does anyone know how large of chest size the marsupial gear harness will fit on? I'm a 2XL and I'm afraid with all my layers it may not fit.

twall13

WKR
In the past I've used AGC, Adak, and Oregon Packworks bino harnesses and always went back to the AGC. I just picked up an enclosed Marsupial before season and it has become my new favorite. The harness is more comfortable than the AGC harness (the AGC rides up into my neck more), easy one handed operation, and quiet. I ended up ordering a buckle delete kit and a spare marsupial harness to put on my old AGC bino pack to keep as a backup, but now that I've used the forward opening marsupial I found I prefer that over the backwards opening AGC. With all the accessories Jim is coming out with, Marsupial is a really solid option at this point and getting more and more customizable.

Austink47

WKR
I have been using it all season, and absolutely love it. I switched from the original marsupial pack. I have also used the Adak and a AGC and the new marsupial is hands down my favorite. And yes the buckle delete is addition by subscription.

AZ Ron

Lil-Rokslider
I've owned and used multiple different bino harnesses. I used the original non-enclosed marsupial harnesses and would get frustrated by the amount of dust that would coat the lenses on my geovids during scouting and hunting. I tried the new(er) KUIU fully enclosed pro bino harness, and while it worked pretty good, it was too wide/deep and my binos would bounce around in them and make a knocking noise (both L and XL sizes).

I got the new enclosed marsupial harness right before my 2020 archery elk hunt and have used it ever since. I really like it.

My only complaints are the side pockets are kind of tight to get wind checkers in and out and the back of the harness is starting to abrade the back panel of my MR pack frame where it rubs. I've recently done the buckle delete mod, so I'll have to see if that changes where the back of the harness rides in relation to my pack frame, if at all. I expect the side pockets to loosen up over time to make it easier to slip things in and out of them.

The majority of the harness is made out of a stretchy material vs cordura, so long term durability will likely suffer some.

It has become my favorite harness to date.

I'm disappointed they changed the size of the loops for mounting a Razco holster because they came put with there own universal fabric holsters.
Not sure I'll be picking up an enclosed.

twall13

WKR
Marsupial?

Razco won't fit?
I asked about this with both Razco and Marsupial and, as I understand it, you can get the universal Razco to fit but not the standard, which is a much more secure design in my opinion. That said, I picked up one of the marsupial holsters and it's a solid mount. I would prefer kydex to a snap holder but I have zero complaints about the attachment to the pack. It's solid and comfortable in the limited amount of time I've messed around with it. If Razco comes out with another option designed to work with the Marsupial enclosed harness I'll likely pick it up but I feel like I have a functional solution in the meantime.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
I asked about this with both Razco and Marsupial and, as I understand it, you can get the universal Razco to fit but not the standard, which is a much more secure design in my opinion. That said, I picked up one of the marsupial holsters and it's a solid mount. I would prefer kydex to a snap holder but I have zero complaints about the attachment to the pack. It's solid and comfortable in the limited amount of time I've messed around with it. If Razco comes out with another option designed to work with the Marsupial enclosed harness I'll likely pick it up but I feel like I have a functional solution in the meantime.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

What pistol?

TheCougar

WKR
I’ve got one, I love it. My only complaint is that the felted fabric that lines the inside can make a squeaking sound when inserting the binos. For me, this has only happened when it is cold and damp out, but no other times I’ve noticed. I’ve used it all season and the only time the squeaking sound happened was a particular week of weather in Texas. Otherwise it has been flawless.

Base14

FNG
Had AGC/ Sitka. Switched to marsupial. Awesome bino pack. You won’t be disappointed.

Any issues with the magnetic closure? Does it mess with your phone or GPS for navigation. (Obviously it would affect a normal compass)

Trying to find a negative with the magnets before making the switch from my AGC harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk