Marsupial Bino Pack: Mag v No-Mag

Hoytaholic

Lil-Rokslider
Going to be purchasing the Marsupial enclosed bino pack but wanted folks opinions on whether to get the magnetic closure or non-magnetic closure. I have seen some say the magnetic caused issues with a compass they mount but that would not be an issue for me. Just looking for some first hand experience before I make the purchase. Thanks!

dlee56

WKR
Mag. It's quiet as long as you're not a neanderthal. Much cleaner and easier than the shock cord. If you're not Christopher Columbus using your compass to cross the Atlantic then go mag for sure.

I had the magnetic and switched to the no mag - I run the holster underneath and found it difficult at times for the mag to stay down….without the holster the magnet option was great - found the no-mag to work better for my set up…..

I've got the magnetic bino pouch and the magnetic RF pouch. Since it in fact does interfere with my compass etc. I only use it in situations where landnav is not necessary, which is 99 % of my hunting situations, tbh. For that, this setup is just great, I love it. Except for the compass issues the magnetic lid just works fine. I've got the holster underneath, as well, carrying a SW Mod. 69. No issues with the magnet, here. You just have to slowly close the lid instead of just flapping it shut, what causes quite some noise.

Lil-Rokslider
I have the non-magnet setup and love it. I have used/tried several other setups but love the MG No-Mag setup.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a no-mag earlier this year. Very happy with it and the shock cord works well. I've had no issues with the cord and items in the side pocket. Plus, you can fold it half open to use it as a phone holder if you're going to be sitting and glassing for a while.