Marmot Fulcrum 15

MOwhitetail

Lil-Rokslider
I need a new sleeping bag for backpacking and would like it to be in the 10-20 degree range.

I found the Marmot Fulcrum on sale for $175 which is about the max I want to spend on a bag. It seems worth it if it is a nice bag that will last me a long time though. Does anyone have experience with it?

Alternatively, does anyone have better options for me in that price range?

I am 6’3 and a pretty solid 270 so it cant be anything too small.

Don't know about the fulcrum but I have a Marmot Trestles 30 deg bag, and its great. I've only been down to about 40 in it, but I was toasty and warm, with regular pants and a cheap fleece on. Sleeping in a hammock with under quilt.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

rj2

WKR
I can't find the weight of the fulcrum anywhere but guessing around 2-2.25lb with 700 fill. check steep and cheap if you go that route. Otherwise the Marmot Ultra Elite 20 goes on sale for $160 a lot and is under 2lbs, packs as small as down.

sneaky

"DADDY"
A good sleeping bag is something you shouldn't skimp on, either in budget or features. If you don't sleep good, you don't hunt good. Manufacturer ratings can be a bit optimistic. Look at ounces of fill and compare across several brands and you'll get an idea of whether it's gonna be a true rating, or an optimistic one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk