Making a Trophy Memory

johnnycake

Lil-Rokslider
My 9 year old killed her first big game animal yesterday. A nice fat cow moose in the Talkeetna mountains of South Central Alaska. 227 yard shot to the heart with a 3x scope on her great grandfather's .270 made quick work of the kill. Which was good since it was -7F when she pulled the trigger 2 hrs before dark! Thanks to the help from a couple of top notch buddies we got it all to the truck in a few hours without too much misery, given the 60" of powdery snow everywhere.

20221210_162104.jpg20221210_162149.jpg20221210_191606.jpg20221210_225415.jpg

Hunt the Top

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats to you and your daughter. There’s nothing I love more than seeing the next generation getting introduced and enjoying the same tradition we all love and appreciate. Using her great-grandfather’s rifle had to of made it all the more special! Nice job dad

keller

WKR
Congrats that is so awesome!! Good on you for getting your kids into hunting!!

That's awesome. Good thing it was then and not now with this big storm a brewin! I cant wait to get my daughter out in the field (as long as she continues to show Interest)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
Way, way cool! Your daughter looks VERY proud of her heart shot...just as she should be! Way to go dad...I'm sure you had her practicing at the range and doing the mental prep to get ready for this hunt. Wonderful life-long memories for both of you!

Hunting with my children have been (and continue to still be) my favorite hunts...fortunately they still like going with dad!

Rambucsabillbul

Lil-Rokslider
That's what it's all about.
Keeping traditions and heritage of humans being meateaters.

Congrats to you all

OP
J

johnnycake

Lil-Rokslider
That's awesome. Good thing it was then and not now with this big storm a brewin! I cant wait to get my daughter out in the field (as long as she continues to show Interest)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
For sure, it got straight up nasty out there today

roymunson

WKR
seeing them get it done makes me wanna lay all my guns down and just chase them. That's so rewarding.

Congrats on the good parenting