Make my mind up please. Ring Selection

Which Set up

• Hawkins Hybrid Highs'

• UM Tikka rings W/ UM Tikka level

• Rail with rings

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tikka action in an XLR mg chassis, carbon sendero with NX8 2.5-20x50. Current debate is Hawkins hybrids high's or UM Tikkas with there Tikka level. Another option is rail with rings, but I think that is a distant 3rd in my mind unless it will really help with how short the scope is. 6.5 Manbun, so 25 or 20 MOA could benefit, but not a huge deal imo. Trying to keep the gun as light as possible but still have bulletproof setup. Thanks

Hnthrdr

WKR
Tikka action in an XLR mg chassis, carbon sendero with NX8 2.5-20x50. Current debate is Hawkins hybrids high's or UM Tikkas with there Tikka level. Another option is rail with rings, but I think that is a distant 3rd in my mind unless it will really help with how short the scope is. 6.5 Manbun, so 25 or 20 MOA could benefit, but not a huge deal imo. Trying to keep the gun as light as possible but still have bulletproof setup. Thanks
that sounds like a fantastic shooting iron right there, I don’t think you could go wrong with any of them

ElPollo

WKR
Sportsmatch rings are the cheapest reliable option for Tikkas. I use them hard on multiple Tikkas and have not had any issues. The UM rings are similar but have stud in the front and rear, whereas the Sportsmatch only has a stud in the front. So the UMs are probably marginally more durable, and are spiffier looking, but they are about 3x the cost of the Sportsmatch. The Hawkins direct mount rings do not utilize the built-in rail on the receiver at all. That would not be an option I would choose from a reliability and durability perspective. On the pic rail, the only reason to use one would be if you need inclination like a 20 MOA rail. If so, make sure you epoxy the rail and red loctite or paint pen the mounting screws. If you don’t need inclination it’s just another thing that can potentially fail.

OP
HuntHarder
I was thinking this would probably be the consensus but honestly thought there would be more love for the Hawkins.

Using the existing rail and having mounting flexibility vs little screws and no flexibility is the draw to UM or sportsmatch vs the Hawkins rings.

Lawnboi

WKR
With that specific scope I would buy the UM rings. Gives you the most flexibility with the short tube .

Rail and rings can work but your going to need to go high enough to clear your objective or shorten the rail.

I wouldn’t buy Hawkins hybrids only based on how they mount compared to your other two options.

OP
HuntHarder
I appreciate everyone's input. UM's it is, now the decision to wait until the 20 moa's, come out or not. I was told possibly released with next month and God knows I'll probably not have my C6 barrel by then anyway. 😅

by using rings with inclination you lose some adjustment of the rings. Would need to shoot a long ways to need extra elevation with an nx8

Lawnboi

WKR
I appreciate everyone's input. UM's it is, now the decision to wait until the 20 moa's, come out or not. I was told possibly released with next month and God knows I'll probably not have my C6 barrel by then anyway. 😅
Unless you’re regularly shooting beyond 10 mils you should be fine.