Magnetic Bino Harness / RF Pouches - A Visualization

nobody

WKR
Something to be aware of for sure. I fought mine when I first had one, which is a shame because they make a REALLY nice harness! But after one night of wandering in circles trying to get into my spot in the dark, it became clear something had to be done differently. Thanks for the visual.

bat-cave

WKR
Wait this is really the version WITHOUT the magnets? Sorry, if I am slow as I wouldn't be overly surprised by this reaction when using the magnetic closures. I love my Marsupial gear setup, but did actually have an issue whereby an Elk actually herd the magnetic closure snap shut from my Rangefinder case this season ... was a new issue for me.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Wait this is really the version WITHOUT the magnets? Sorry, if I am slow as I wouldn't be overly surprised by this reaction when using the magnetic closures. I love my Marsupial gear setup, but did actually have an issue whereby an Elk actually herd the magnetic closure snap shut from my Rangefinder case this season ... was a new issue for me.

The bino harness doesn't have magnets, but the RF pouch does. That is what is messing with the compass.

bat-cave

WKR
I actually reached out to Marsupial Gear after being inspired by this thread and they have no plans to redesign the RF pouch at this time ... so magnets will remain.

Agreed with a post above. Marsupial makes a quality product, fit and finish probably unmatched. Their customer service is top notch. Ive tried a few times to move away from FHF because of some customer service issues, and ended up back with FHF each time. The magnets have gotten me off before. My complaint besides the magnets, is that even the small is too big for most 8s and 10s these days. I have my 12x50 Maven B6s in a Marsupial non enclosed small and they fit perfect. They need to make a compact or xsmall for the SLC/B1.2/BX4 and 5/Trinovid/etc so that they fit in the non enclosed version the same way the B6s fit in a small. 8s and 10s are a good bit smaller than they used to be.

That being said my harnesses for my 8s and 10s are FHF with Marsupial Straps, FHF rf pouch on 1 side and marsupial small zippered pouch on the other.

NB7

WKR
I have the Marsupial with the magnets. I've found that if I'm holding either a compass or my phone (using OnX) at the normal bent arm distance in front of me it throws it off, but when I hold my arm out extended I get back to accurate readings on each. Little bit of a pain in the ass, but I just have to remember to do it when I need a true reading.

WoodBow

WKR
For the real question, how did you post that video? I have never seen an autoplay video posted on a forum like that before. I like it.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
For the real question, how did you post that video? I have never seen an autoplay video posted on a forum like that before. I like it.

Haha I used the "media" button when posting and linked a video I uploaded to IMGUR. I hadn't ever done it before. It shows up really small on work laptop, haven't seen what it looks like on my phone yet.

WoodBow

WKR
Haha I used the "media" button when posting and linked a video I uploaded to IMGUR. I hadn't ever done it before. It shows up really small on work laptop, haven't seen what it looks like on my phone yet.
I was on my laptop when i saw it and it was normal size for me.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I actually reached out to Marsupial Gear after being inspired by this thread and they have no plans to redesign the RF pouch at this time ... so magnets will remain.
That's interesting. I wrote them a few weeks ago and they told me that there is going to be a non-magnetic RF pouch next year.