Machinegun Shoot

wytx

WKR
Fun time to be had on this weekend if you're in the area.
They should have just about anything for rental shooting and plenty of fun targets.

Also a great chance to see some nice prairie rattlers on the drive in, we relocate a few every year from the highway.

machinegun shoot 2022.jpg
DSCN1532 copy.jpg

WRM

WKR
Finally--a MG shoot where it may cost less to shoot for me than to get to it! 3,600 mile roundtrip should cost me a bit over a $1,000 in JoePa gas. Better hit the road now before it goes up later today.

OP
wytx

wytx

WKR
We go , for the last few years.
I've shot numerous full autos there. They have everything form vintage to newer.
I know one vendor will have 70 guns to choose from to shoot.
For me, it's a chance to blow about $150-200 full auto and it's worth it.
It is also a cannon shoot, there will be field artillery and some vintage cannons.

We get there for the 1st salvo Friday morning, targets are fresh- more explosives. They refresh targets at lunch and every evening for the next morning.
Several long range shooters will be there too for the mile target.

machinegun.jpg
Screenshot 2022-06-02 115909 2.jpg

OP
wytx

wytx

WKR
You basically buy a magazine of ammo to shoot, they should have some lower capacity mags and some larger capacity to shoot, they load it up with their ammo.

For example you could shoot the drum mag on the Tommy Gun, 50 rounds, or a straight mag with 20 rounds I think it was.

All ages can shoot and they have guys that stand behind you to help control the muzzle if needed, and recoil. There will also be some tripod mounted larger caliber rifles and usually a guy brings his M134 gatling gun- not for rent..

Folks also show up just to shoot their full auto and not rent them out, you can rent firing line spots just to shoot the targets.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Been to Knob Creek several times, my cousin never missed one before they decided to stop doing it. I doubt he'll make the trek out for this one. He's been a collector for about 30 years, but burning less powder these days because of replacement costs. Used to be able to enjoy the range time. $100 is gone in about 3 seconds now lol.

OP
wytx

wytx

WKR
Bump this back up.
Shoot started today and we went this morning. Beautiful weather, not too hot and some clouds.
Saw some neat artillery being fired and shot a cool 9mm Gatling gun along with a DPM on tripod. Guy also had a home made black powder cannon he was shooting.

I'll post up some pics later.
Saturday morning shooting starts about 9, or so. The opening salvo is fun , lots of exploding targets and they refresh at lunch. Mad minute after dark tonight and Saturday.

Tons of full auto to pay and shoot.

OP
wytx

wytx

WKR
Fun time was had. Weather was great and the area we drove through to get there looked greener than years past. Saw some nice pronghorn bucks too.

machinegun2 copy.jpgmachinegun3 copy.jpg
machinegun4 copy.jpg
machinegun 2022 copy.jpg