Luxe Hiking Gear

TSAMP

WKR
Hey Folks,
Felt compelled to make a post as i first came across this brand here on Rokslide. They appeared to be a great introduction to floorless/tipi shelters, at a budget friendly price point.
I ordered a minipeak II and it came Monday. Had it setup in the yard within a few hours of arrival and noticed several fabric pulls on the inner tent, as well as 2 obvious holes in the outer. It was a bummer for sure but i work in manufacturing and realize things happen. Upon emailing them the same day, i get a response that a patch and some seam sealer should take care of it. Obviously I know i could do that. But with a brand new tent that advertised a 1 year warranty against manf defects? Seems like BS to me. Anyway havent been able to get a response since Monday. Beware.

Attachments

• 20200420_170612.jpg
    20200420_170612.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 20200420_170500.jpg
    20200420_170500.jpg
    538.8 KB · Views: 72
Screw that tell them if you have to patch it they won’t find it as easy to patch up their reputation on social media! If it came that way new they need to email a return label immediately! As in right now!

OP
TSAMP

TSAMP

WKR
I hear ya. I dont use social media, unless you count this, but feel free to post tag tweet away. Ill owe ya a beer

Wow, this is t bgg e second disturbing incident with Luxe recently. Unless you purchased it as a factory second, (I presume you did not purchase a factory second) Luxe should just replace it. This is one reason why I always purchase with a credit card, because of the consumer protections. I would call my credit card company and have them refund the money back bnb into my account and be done with it.

PayPal will resolve it properly, just give them all the electronic info, including emails and pics.

OP
TSAMP

TSAMP

WKR
This is almost comical. I initiated a return through amazon pay(which i used to pay for item) and luxe finally responds with a link to their warranty info. Looks like ill be covered by amazon but have to give luxe 14 days to make it right. Classy

I’m sure I’ll catch hell from the admins on this but I think it’s time to dismiss Luxe from being a contributor to the forum. The company puts out defective product, poor customer service and having RS endorse said product is not wise. When you’re using their product you want to have the confidence that you’ll be safe and taken care or by customer service if needed. I highly suggest the owner of luxe get on here and address this. I know for 100% certain he sees these comments but I’m sure he avoids commenting due to him knowing he sells a subpar product.

I’m sure I’ll catch hell from the admins on this but I think it’s time to dismiss Luxe from being a contributor to the forum. The company puts out defective product, poor customer service and having RS endorse said product is not wise. When you’re using their product you want to have the confidence that you’ll be safe and taken care or by customer service if needed. I highly suggest the owner of luxe get on here and address this. I know for 100% certain he sees these comments but I’m sure he avoids commenting due to him knowing he sells a subpar product.
He is a reseller, he gets Chniese product somewhat in bulk, and resells it, apparently without prior inspection, or standing behind his product. Kinda the perfect model for failure.

OP
TSAMP

TSAMP

WKR
These guys are ridiculous. They reply back a second time with a different link for how they recommend you repair their sub par product. Never once responding to address the issue through communication. I cannot believe they are allowed to be affiliated with this website.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200428-100436_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20200428-100436_Gmail.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 42

Looking at the prices vs. what they’re emulating it’s easy to see it’s a subpar product - and as long as it comes out of the box in good condition and works, there’s no harm in it as the consumer is getting a functional piece of gear at 50% of what the higher end piece would cost.

But when it comes out of the box with holes and customer service tells you to just patch it up and tries to resist accepting a return...

Looking at the prices vs. what they’re emulating it’s easy to see it’s a subpar product - and as long as it comes out of the box in good condition and works, there’s no harm in it as the consumer is getting a functional piece of gear at 50% of what the higher end piece would cost.

But when it comes out of the box with holes and customer service tells you to just patch it up and tries to resist accepting a return...

They shouldn’t be associated with this website. Ask yourself this, would you take your children on a back country trip with it? Knowing you’ll have wind as well? I pray it’s a No. Mods need to rid them of this website. Easy as that.

Reactions: rj2
They shouldn’t be associated with this website. Ask yourself this, would you take your children on a back country trip with it? Knowing you’ll have wind as well? I pray it’s a No. Mods need to rid them of this website. Easy as that.

I think you mistook my comment as defending them. My point I was trying to make is that with good customer service, someone buying a functional piece of gear at 50% off isnt the worst thing as long as they’re aware of the limitations. Them trying to pull what they’re doing now is unacceptable - I personally would not use them, nor would I recommend them to anyone.

OP
TSAMP

TSAMP

WKR
Totally understand. You can buy velcro sneakers at pay-less and guess what, if the sole rips out they replace those bad boys..

rockmail2

WKR
Very disappointed in Luxe Hiking Gear! I placed an order for in-stock items 3 days ago and paid extra $$$ for expedited shipping...they haven't even shipped my order yet! Furthermore, I have emailed them several times with the first of which being 3 days ago (right after I placed my order) to ask a question...NO RESPONSE AT ALL! I was really excited to get the products that I ordered but now it looks like I'll have to cancel the order. BTW...email is now the only way they allow you to communicate with them. So disappointed...and obviously, I don't recommend this company.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk