Luxe Hexpeak Tipi with 1.5 inner

Tcatt

FNG
Does anyone have any experience with this tent? This will be my first DIY backpacking elk hunt and this is the shelter I was looking at. And suggestions are appreciated!

banded_drake

Lil-Rokslider
I have one and really enjoy it. It works well for what it is and the price point is good. I got mine from a member on here a couple years back with a stove. That being said, I don't think I would try to get one direct from the company as I've heard of issues with folks getting their orders, and their warranty department is basically non existent. Buy one knowing that if you have issue with it, you're probably on your own.

I don't know that I would want it as a backpacking tent if you're solo as it is a little on the heavier side, especially if you're taking the inner as well. At least not if you're wanting to stay mobile. There are better tent options out there for backpacking and staying mobile.

What is the driving factor for choosing this tent?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
I bought a used one from a member here just to try this style tent. I haven’t used it much but the quality is fine. The only downside is it’s heavier than some other choices.

OP
Tcatt

Tcatt

FNG
I decided I would save money on a tent and spend more on sleeping bag and pad. I went with the Meir Lanshan 2P. I appreciate the info guys! Just trying to spend the most money on the most important things!