Lt Wright Forest Trail in stock

mcseal2

WKR
Just wanted to share this in case anyone was looking for a really expensive knife that can do about anything. I first saw these about 5 years ago and had always wanted one. I never found them in stock or on Ebay in the steel & handle material I wanted. I finally did recently. Several variations are already sold out, this one is still available. I got the 3V saber grind with natural micarta handle.

To me it's a knife I'd trust to do anything, take any abuse, and that's still not terrible to carry. Mine weighs 12.2oz in the factory JRE Leather sheath. I have a lot of LT Wright knives, and I expect this one will soon be my favorite. Like anything it's a compromise. The 5/32 steel blade won't slice quite as well as a thinner one but has just enough heft to chop ok. It's about the biggest knife I'd actually carry on a belt. I have not processed game with it yet, but I expect it will do well. I'll do a more thorough review after getting to use it more, but I wanted to share this before they sell out. I expect it to get a lot of field time going forward.

I've always liked a bigger blade than many. I carried a Dozier Pro Guide for a while before having a custom one made that's similar with a few features I preferred. This factory blade is a little bigger and more robust than my custom one, with just a little more blade length and thicker handle.

OP
mcseal2

mcseal2

WKR
My custom below the Forest Trail

Attachments

• IMG_4929.jpeg
    IMG_4929.jpeg
    342.6 KB · Views: 17