Low Sodium Prepared Freeze Dried Meals

turley

Lil-Rokslider
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening,

Are there any low sodium commercially prepared freeze dried meals options?
It seems many are very high in sodium.

Thanks

Kodiak13

FNG
Not surprised you don’t have a response, I have searched high and low and nothing remotely reasonable in sodium levels. Freeze dried shouldn’t need additional preservatives but maybe I’m missing something in the food science behind it.

TedO

Lil-Rokslider
If you're backpack hunting and at high activity levels daily, don't worry too much about sodium. You're body needs salt and uses it readily. It is important for proper metabolic function.
If you're not at high activity, then stressing the sodium is wise.

kaboku68

WKR
Go next gen and roll your own. Harvest Right Freeze dyers are affordable. They are very good. The one on the left is Spicy Chicken, Red Onions, Rice, Bell Peppers and Mushrooms. They reconstitute better than MtHouse and have more protein the Peak Refuel. I have resistant Hypertension (its under control with medication, diet and exercise) and this was a solution that when it is all said and done less expensive over the long haul that buying it. The one on the right has Philly Cheesesteak, Rice, Bell Peppers, Red Onions, Mushrooms and is also extremely good. I like nutrient packed meals and I am not a fan of very spicy meals unless I need them. I have a lot of cajun entrees like Shrimp Gumbo and Reindeer Sausage Jambalaya. I can tell you that mac and cheese with tater tots, smokies and sourcream is next level stuff.

Attachments

• jH3%UIImRWGwuDIgK9u8gA.jpg
    jH3%UIImRWGwuDIgK9u8gA.jpg
    471.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Cows384XQyyjOpEkFisbBw.jpg
    Cows384XQyyjOpEkFisbBw.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 11