Lost someone in the hunting community... Consider helping out

fatbacks

WKR
A dad at my son's school died while hunting outside of Sitka, AK on Monday... I don't have any of the details, but he leaves behind a wife and two young boys that are in 4th grade.

While there is nothing in the world that can bring someone back, we all try to help out however we can. I donated some money and am posting this here hoping that a few of you will be able to chip in. I know money is tight with a lot of folks right now, but every little bit helps.

Stay safe out in the woods everyone!

Here is the link to the Go Fund Me for his family:
Go Fund Me - Support the Reusch Family

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
It’s always a wake up call and so sad to hear about. Not sure how this gentleman passed but sometimes all it takes is one misstep and your in a world of trouble.

I was backpacking in the sierras with my brother when I was 13, and we stopped at a little bouldering spot for lunch. It was a great spot with awesome boulders and little pools to jump into. I was scaling a granite boulder with a pretty steep face. Just enough sand was built up on the rock that I started sliding down. There was no stopping the momentum and I fell about 30 feet. Luckily I landed in a pool of water snd I just ended up with a minor left ankle sprain. Death can happen so quickly snd we sort of just ignore it.

Sapcut

WKR
Thanks for posting this. I fell from my tree stand last season. Not only did I survive but not really even hurt….and should have been hurt badly or worse.

Money gladly sent.